why 'in loving memory' in car windows

crab bait

Captain
WHAT GIVES.. all these in loving memory of a dead love one in graphics on vehicle back windows.. <br /><br />why bring it out in public.. an on a car as a memorial medium.. <br /><br />what's the mind set of these people.. <br />i could see if'n the deceased willed them the vehicle..

dogsdad

Lieutenant
Re: why 'in loving memory' in car windows

I'll bite.<br /><br />I think they are neurotic and and self-centered and think that the world revolves around their own feelings.<br /><br />I've seen other things in back windows of vehicles that make me believe the owners are really and truly wrapped up in their selves and have fantastically inflated senses of self importance.<br /><br />I could go on a rant, but I shall, with great restraint and self-discipline, refrain at this time...<br /><br /><br />-dd-

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I know a lot of Nascar fans have "In Memory of Dale Earnhart, #3" stickers on their windows. I'm not a fan of Nascar, but I can almost understand that one.

oddjob

Commander

I saw one yesterday on a truck....and below it hung a pair of balls from the tail-gate bumper. Please spare me when I die..

tommays

Admiral

the same reason the paper is full of them sometimes 15 and 20 years after they have passed <br /><br />to many worse things going on to let that bother me<br /><br /><br />tommays

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

And why do people bury their dead next to the higway and put a cross on it? Man, if you can't afford a proper gravesite will the body to science.

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

They are an annoyance to me too. Ya know, I'm sorry for your loss, but not everyone wants to know about it everytime they are on your bumper... <br /><br />To comment on the Earnhart in memory stickers...I can understand people putting the wings on a pre 2001 #3 decal but for someone who has a 2005 pickup with 2foot tall 3 with wings...Give me a freakin break...

Ron G

Commander

parrot head were you live ?never seen that before and ive seen alot here in the south

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Parrott_head:<br /> And why do people bury their dead next to the higway and put a cross on it? Man, if you can't afford a proper gravesite will the body to science.
I actually posted the post I did before reading this one. <br /><br />People are not buried there, they just put up a cross in memmory. Kinda like what this post is about with the same type of thing in the rear window. I havnt seen that here on the left coast though.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Parrott_head:<br /> And why do people bury their dead next to the higway and put a cross on it? Man, if you can't afford a proper gravesite will the body to science.
Parrott... I hope you're jokin... They're not buried there, its just a memorial.<br /><br />Sean

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And why do people bury their dead next to the higway and put a cross on it? Man, if you can't afford a proper gravesite will the body to science.
And this may be a stupid question but, is it because they were killed in an accident at that place? :confused: I've seen a lot of them around here :eek:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I wish the people who make the shrine on the side of the road where their loved one died would please go to the cemetary where the deceased is burried to do the rememberance and shrine thing.<br /><br />Fer crying out loud. I really don't need to know that someone died there. And it is a place that often becomes filled with litter. I wish the police would remove them.

toomanyboats

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If it helps with the pain their feeling then let it be.<br />does not bother me.

Twidget

Commander

If the decals help them cope, its no biggie to me. Its a bit goofy, but what the heck.<br /><br />The roadside shrines get annoying. People tend to put them up and then forget them. I wouldnt want a relatives name on a pile of junk personally.

NYMINUTE

Captain

I think Andy Granitelli stopped making those STP stickers so somebody had to fill the void. I have one sticker. "I'd rather be boating" I will not advertise for anyone. I told the Kia dealer to NOT put his sticker on my wife's Sorento. I agreed to the plate bracket with his name, and removed it moments after she drove it home. However if a financial offer is made I will reconsider.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by eeboater:<br />
Parrott... I hope you're jokin... They're not buried there, its just a memorial.<br /><br />Sean
No Kiddin'? <br /><br />Man, got me a shovel and a pick...gonna dig up one of those and see what's there. Maybe they left some pocket change.

D

DJ

Again, a hispanic tradition.<br /><br />Get used to it.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Ahhh.. Two rants near and dear to my heart.... :mad: <br /><br />Roadside shrines = LITTER!.. And the perps ought to be subject to a FINE FOR LITTERING.... :mad: <br /><br />The "in memory of" on the rear window is pitiful... Absolutely pitiful... How disrespectful to the deceased... :eek: <br /><br />The one that REALLY pisses me off are the "in memory of 911 NYPD/FDNY", and the FACT that people buy them and that companies SELL THEM FOR PROFIT, WITH NO $DONATION$ TO ANYTHING!!!!!.... I've even seen the gal-darn things on PB county sheriff vehicles and WPBPD cars.... :mad:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> Again, a hispanic tradition.<br /><br />Get used to it.
It's not just a hispanic tradition. Idiots of all races do it.