why i couldnt get it to start?

egggar

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 5, 2005
Messages
1
got a very nice and clean seaking 9.2 hp from ebay. has a good spark, and good compression, cleaned the cooling system. I dont have a manual so I dont know the correct procedure on starting this. Heres how I did it. I put it in neutral, switch the handle in start mode, press gas bulb to prime it, switch the lever to rich, pull the choke out, and then crank, and crank and crank, nothing happens. Is there something missing from my steps? thanks folks for any help. :confused:
 

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
45,907
Re: why i couldnt get it to start?

See Engine FAQs, egggar.<br /><br />Good luck, and welcome aboard. :)
 
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
24
Re: why i couldnt get it to start?

Do you have a new sparkplug in it, could be cracked and not working?<br /><br />If it does, then step two:<br />Take out sparkplug and turn engine to top dead center (stick plastic end of bic pen or something soft ended and its the closed distance the piston is to the sparkplug hole) and then look at your timing marks on flywheel to see if it lines up. If its doesn't line up, thats your problem, probably spun a keyway on the flywheel. If thats not the problem I'll check back to help later on.
 
Top