Why do we have to title a car?

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Why do we have to title a car?

The state governments do this to protect us. And it is appropriate to put a fee on the said Protection. Don't ya feel safer now? Duh!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Nate in AR:<br /> Boats and motors are not titled in Arkansas, but the trailer is :confused: :confused:
Trailers are not titled in Texas, but boats and motors (outboards) are separately titled.<br /><br />And I believe that your house has to be titled also, maybe at least until you take the wheels off it? ;) :D :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> Here is another question...<br /><br />Why do we need to put license plates on our cars? It is only helpful when someone commits a crime. Who thought of that idea, and what was its original purpose?<br />
License plates weren't needed before parking was regulated, and the need arose to enforce collection of citations.<br /><br />Do any states still have some indication of what region of the state a plate was issued in? When I lived in Louisiana there was a letter in the middle of the plate number that indicated which part of the state it was from.<br /><br />Any states that still don't require plates on both the front and the back of the car?<br /><br />Any states that still change the color of their plates every couple years?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Illinois used to have the county of origin printed on the plate, don't know if they still do.<br /><br />Wisconsin doesn't change colors like they used to, but they redesign the plates about every 10 years.<br /><br />Does any other state have a boat on their plates?

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Originally posted by jtexas:<br />
Originally posted by Nate in AR:<br /> Boats and motors are not titled in Arkansas, but the trailer is :confused: :confused:
Trailers are not titled in Texas, but boats and motors (outboards) are separately titled.<br /><br />And I believe that your house has to be titled also, maybe at least until you take the wheels off it? ;) :D :D
Not exactly. Some trailers are titled. My 16' homemade, my 16' shopmade, and my 14 foot boat trailer all have a title. My 15" stock trailer,which is worth about the same as all 3 of the others, is NOT titled. Go figure. :)