Why are we still there

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Every day there are news reports about more deaths. Every night on TV there<br />are photos of death and destruction. Why are we still there? <br /><br />We occupied this land, which we had to take by force, but it causes us<br />nothing but trouble. Why are we still there? <br /><br />Many of our children go there and never come back. Why are we still there? <br /><br />Their government is unstable, and they have loopy leadership. Why are we<br />still there? <br /><br />Many of their people are uncivilized. Why are we still there? <br /><br />The place is subject to natural disasters, and we're supposed to bail them<br />out. Why are we still there? <br /><br />There are more than 1000 religious sects, which we do not understand. Why<br />are we still there? <br /><br />Their folkways, foods and fads are unfathomable to ordinary Americans. Why<br />are we still there? <br /><br />We can't even secure their borders. Why are we still there? <br /><br />They are billions of dollars in debt and it will cost billions more to<br />rebuild, which we can't afford. Why are we still there? <br /><br />It is becoming clear... We must pull out of California.<br /><br />Author unknown

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Why are we still there

BB, I hate to say it, but it seems like everytime Cal. does something then within a couple of years Tex. will adopt the same thing.

KaGee

Admiral

BB.... the ?? is, why is IT still there?<br /><br />I thought it was supposed to fall off the continent a long time ago!

mtumilty

Cadet

What? Pull out of the communist state of CA? Wait, that sounds like the best idea I heard in quite some time...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Why are we still in Japan? Germany? We are stuck with it. :D

voodoo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Because, you can't just say "hasta la vista... Arnie."

eeboater

Commander

I keep telling my aunt... she better invest in boat!!!!! <br /><br /><br />she lives in sanfran...<br /><br />Sean

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> Why are we still in Japan? Germany? We are stuck with it. :D
Yes, but there are good things that come from Japan and Germany. Electronics, Cars, etc...<br /><br />The only good thing coming out of California is Interstate 10.<br /><br /> :D :D