LMAO!!!<br /><br />Good one Pointer...<br /><br /> :D :D <br /><br />AK Chappy

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Why are the French rioting?

"R", I'm waiting... ;) SAY IT!.....JK

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by J.kopec:<br /> Everyone seems to forget that France helped us out BIG TIME during our own Revolutionary War
I think you should go back and retake US History 101 JK. Yes the French helped us out but only by showing the Fleet. They only did it, reluctantly, after a late US victory against the British in South Carolina. And even then they did it for purely selfish reasons. They did it in hopes it would get the British off there own backs.<br /><br />The ones that really helped us were the Dutch. They supplied the money that the US desperately needed. The Dutch are still our adoring friends and have never stabbed us in the back like the Frogs have.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by JB:<br /> <br />.... even more arrogant~~~~~~~than we are about being American.
JB, somewhere in the back of your otherwise conservative mind you just love to denigrate Americans. Well I say, according the the dictionary definition, we are not 'arrogant'!<br /><br />"adj : having or showing feelings of UNWARRENTED importance out of overbearing pride; "an arrogant official"; "arrogant claims"; "chesty as a peacock"

Tyme2fish

Commander

French World War II rifle for sale. Only been dropped once.

dolluper

Captain

Used tank for sale,1 forward speed and 7 reverse speeds white flags included....starting bid 2cents

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

All the French bashing aside, watch carefully. This will happen here. We already have one minority that likes to riot. Wait until another "unappreciated" group settles in enough sizable groups. Before long we will have groups rioting because they are no longer the minority of the day.

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

The original question was " Why are the french rioting ?" Well, if anyone can give a reason for the Watts rioting or the looting during Katrina they'll probably find that the reasons are similar. There are a lot of french I like and a lot I don't like. Goes for Dutch too !!No sense generalizing,I think.<br />Frank

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by gspig:<br />Before long we will have groups rioting because they are no longer the minority of the day.
LOL :D

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

Frank<br /> all fun and jokes aside the french riots seem to be rooted in the same cause as the riots we had here in the 60's that seemed to pit the oppressed,or those that thought they were oppressed, against the "oppressors" whoever they were. but as one major class gets economically and educationally further behind, another a wall goes up, distrust forms and civil uprisings begin. its happened throughout history in about any area you wish to name.<br />do they have a legitimate beef? beats me, they seem to think so. however once an incident gets sparked they sometimes run out of control and the end result has nothing to do with the start of the riots.about the only good thing is it happened there this time and not here.

KaGee

Admiral

While you all are squabbling nobody has really disscussed the real issue. The problem in France is that they have allowed Muslim Immigrants to enter unchecked. The problem is not limited to France, only that France is the worst of the EU. I've heard it said that the Muslims now compose 10% of France's population.<br /><br />Germany, Belgium, Italy also have a large Muslim influx. It is estimated that the "Italian" i.e. actual native born, population will become the minority within 10 years. The rest of Europe is not far behind. <br /><br />The rioting in France is just a tip of the iceburg. America better wake up an understand that the same will happen here if we do not put a clamp on our borders and immigration policies now.

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

Rodbolt,<br />fully agree...the veneer of civilisation is very thin under certain circumstances. Could happen to us....correction, it did happen here during WW2 and it can happen anywhere. We're animals at heart.In some communities here we only need a small spark to set things off nowadays, so we might be next for a fullscale riot. Amsterdam is more than 50% non-native origin now, just to give an idea of the possible impact. The "oppressed" minorities in Holland get housing and income when not working and in need. So the beef is usually in the eyes of the beholder only, I think. It's the orchestration from fanatics that worries me.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

its not just a muslim thing. its a class thing. when the have nots are eyballing the haves things get ugly. its happened in the US a few times. if ya wanna see ugly look at new orleans after Katrina and even on yesterdays news. peoples stuff was being but on the curb during some evictions and others(no race mentioned) were showing up with shopping carts stealing it from the curbside.<br /> so yep sometimes its a very thin veneer. wait and see what happens in the middle east soon if WE dont do something. that will finnish degenerating into a cesspool that we cant extricate ourselves from.

stevens

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Rodbolt is right; this is not about religion, it is about poverty.<br /><br />We now see even third/fourth generation poverty and hopelessness among the immigrants, and not just in France. The rioting is an attempt to be seen. Poverty, oppression & hopelessness can produce this every time.<br /><br />In the long run, we can't just close our national borders and hope that the poor people already inside behave themselves.<br /><br />The root cause is poverty and that's what we need to fight, both inside the privileged US & Europe and in the rest of the world.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by agitator:<br /> Its hard to respect the culture of all races when some races don't have any culture.
would you care to elaborate?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No, Boomer. I do not "love to denigrate Americans".<br /><br />Maybe you aren't, but part of the American image in the world is arrogance about being American.<br /><br />I grew up in a world that thought personal quality was achieved by birth. . . .genes. I hated it. I hated being told that because of my ancestry I was a better person than "common" people. I knew better then and I know better now.<br /><br />Too many Americans act as though being an American makes them a better person than non-Americans. That is arrogance.<br /><br />Thanks for the definition.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

if ya dont believe how arrogant americans can be, spend some time in the huts around caracas or down in rio chico. a prime example was the whinny aresed poopers in the cancun/cozumel area after that last huricane. they were all whining about the conditions and then said that they were americans and deserved better. <br /> I just figgued they were stupid and mostly got what they deserved for staying in a third world place with a hurricane coming.<br /> but the french riots look like they have just degenerated into a social free for all like the NO residents after katrina.<br /> but yes if you observe the actions of some, not all thank god, americans when the are overseas they do tend to look down on others and are a bit arrogant. some are down right rude.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by gspig:<br /> The muslim population is rioting. They are being unfairly repressed. (sound like a minority group in the US?)
I'm sure they are. The French authorities won't let them wear veils for their drivers licence photos. :D <br /><br />Seriously, I don't understand how they can be being oppressed. I'm sure that they get the same welfare as all of the rest of the French get. And as we all know they are ample. :p <br /><br />If poverty be the root cause there is still no excuse. The muslims have flooded france because of its association with Morocco, Algiers etc etc.<br /><br />They come from poverty to a country of better opportunity, then bring and demand acceptance of all of their ideas and culture that kept them in poverty in their native land. <br /><br />Then the hosts let them come in such numbers that they can't be assimilated into the host culture. Add to that, with today's penchant to 'honor diversity', the host pampers and caters to the new immigrants without demanding that they conform to the country that they have come to. I've got no sympathy for the hosts that have let this happen.

stevens

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Boomyal - agreed, poverty doesn't excuse violence.<br /><br />Yes, the immigrants get all the same welfare benefits as everyone else, but at least the ethnic locals have a better chance of getting off the dole if they want to.<br /><br />I guess escaping any ghetto can be an insurmountable challenge. The best tactic then is to ensure the ghettos don't form in the first place. I only wish we knew how ...

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Boomyal wrote:"Then the hosts let them come in such numbers that they can't be assimilated into the host culture. Add to that, with today's penchant to 'honor diversity', the host pampers and caters to the new immigrants without demanding that they conform to the country that they have come to. I've got no sympathy for the hosts that have let this happen."<br />_________________________________________________________________<br /><br />Boomer, i suppose that you are aware of the fact that there are close to 8 million + muslims living in America? also, they are the fastest rising demographic discounting Hispanics.<br />I wonder who can we find to sympathise with us? :eek: <br />______________________________________________________________________<br /><br />Edit:<br /><br />"The muslims have flooded france because of its association with Morocco, Algiers etc etc."<br /><br />Instead of the word "association" i do believe that the word colonization would be more accurate.<br /><br />Let's not forget the same goes for the British, they are reaping what they have sowed as you have so rightly pointed out.