Who would you really vote for?

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Who would you really vote for?

Hi Mrs. SW,<br />That was interesting. There's another interesting site that helps you choose from an even broader palette of candidates, including all the minor, but widespread, platforms. It's a brief quiz and also offers analysis of everything too. It's at <br /><br /> http://selectsmart.com/PRESIDENT

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Ol' Norse, I'll take a look. My voting preference was still the same at the end of my question/answer session.....which is real good since I already voted. :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Thanks SW. The problem is that most if the answers to the issues are based on campaign promises, which likely dont happen.<br /><br />In reality, both candidates have similar ideals except on a few issues.<br /><br />It all boils down to who do you trust.<br /><br />Ken

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Trust is a big thing for me. I will have to agree with you on that issue. I really hate the whole political campaigning crap! Why can't we ever get what they say their going to give? Is that asking too much?

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br />In reality, both candidates have similar ideals except on a few issues.<br /><br />It all boils down to who do you trust.<br /><br />Ken
I dunno about that, Ken. I don't trust either one of them, and some of the issues they disagree on are very important to me. You should check out that link I put up there too, as it is less concerned with what the candidates promise, and more with what the platforms "truly" support. Well, I thought it was interesting , anyway. ;)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Trust is a relative term. No one really trusts any politician.<br /><br />There is one I trust more than the other.<br /><br />I also liked your link, but again, it talks about ideals, not reality.<br /><br />Ken

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br />I also liked your link, but again, it talks about ideals, not reality.<br />
How would you talk about future reality then? Do you mean like "list the laws you would propose and submit", "what current bills do you support specifically", that kind of thing then? Could be interesting. What else would *you* really like to see, out of curiosity? :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Reality is what will pass throught congress.<br /><br />Ideals is what you strive for.<br /><br />Some third party candidates have great ideals, but have little chance in passing those. That is reality.<br /><br />Ken

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Another Kerry vote<br /><br />55.000000000000000001% now.............

spratt

Lieutenant

Bush all the way folks...8 more years I say:)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

31 issues for Bush,<br />1 issue for Kerry.<br /><br />What is that, 95%?<br /><br />There were a couple issues that stated some history, but no position or plan that related to present times.<br /><br />I found none of the statements to be right leaning, but 4 that were worded to make the liberal position more "feel good".<br /><br />Have to admit, there were a few statements of position for which I didn't like either choice. Particularly, global trade and higher education.<br /><br />Some of the policy statements were mentioned more than once in several "issues". Giving them more weight in the final tally.<br /><br />Since this was a poll designed for elementary, middle, and high school students, do you think it had a motive of shaping future voters for upcoming election years? <br /><br />I do.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

26 Kerry, 6 Bush. I thought I agreed with more of what Bush is about than I apparantly do, at least according to that particular website. I still personally feel that I am closer to 50/50 on the two, but none of it matters. I already know who's gettin' the vote on the 2nd....

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Hi Mrs SW.. Nice to have you aboard.. :) <br /><br />I don't normally do polls, and if I do participate in a poll I give bogus info...<br /><br />I'll play this one straight.. :cool: <br />7 for G.W.B.<br />21 for J.F.K.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Well, I'm sure none of you are surprised: 15 to 0 for Bush. I'm sure the ratio would have not changed if I had answered more questions.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Hi Mrs SW....would just like to welcome you to the forums. Nice to have more of the opposite sex aboard.... :)

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by OBJ:<br /> Hi Mrs SW....would just like to welcome you to the forums. Nice to have more of the opposite sex aboard.... :)
What another Fleamale on IBOATS!!! ACK we already have Bassy and LadyFish! This is getting out of hand fellows! Now we have 3 out of 50,000 + members!<br /> <br />Mrs Soulwinner<br />Welcome aboard! The next time Hubby wants to get on iboats, tell him it's your turn and he can do the dishes and wait! :D :D <br /><br />Nice to see you make a post here.<br /><br />Link