Who is older,you or your motor?

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Who is older,you or your motor?

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> that makes me,so my wife says "an alte kakker"
What does that mean????? ;) :cool:

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I am the same age as my 1969 Merc 1250....In fact, I have never owned a single boat motor that was younger than me...

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I'm older here. My outboard is the same year I finshed high skhool.......

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Fly Rod:<br />
Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> that makes me,so my wife says "an alte kakker"
What does that mean????? ;) :cool:
Fly Rod, an alte kakker is the Hanukkah equivalent to Santa Claus.<br />As in this:<br />'Twas the Night Before Channukah...<br />'Twas the night before Hanukkah<br />and all over the place<br />There was noise, there was kvetching<br />Soch ah disgrace!<br /><br />The Kinderlach, sleeping,<br />uneasily felt<br />The chocolate rush<br />from the Hanukkah gelt <br />And me in the easyboy,<br />so stuffed with latkes,<br />I stretched the elastic<br />which held up my gatchkes.<br /><br />When up on the roof<br />(and it has a steep pitch)<br />A fat alte kakker<br />was making a kvitsch. <br />I jumped up real quick<br />and I ran to the door,<br />Was it a bandeet,<br />or only a schnorrer?<br /><br />"Max Klaus is my name"

SpinnerBait_Nut

You noticed that JB ain't answered this one. :D :D :p

NOSLEEP

Commander

My E-tec is just a baby. Brand New in 2004.<br />Sold my old motors as package last spring.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Yes it does mean old fart,but SBN I sure love that song.<br />One member here is the owner of the oldest known Evinrude in the world.He lives in the thousand islands and his outboard is in a museum.(never worry ,he has a few hundred more).His username seems to imply that he walks in an oriental way,but it really has to do with a certain way a boat may move.Can you guess his name?

cjones4@hvc.rr.com

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My smooth running Evinrude 75hp is 42 years young. The pretty little Starcraft it pushes around is 4 years younger than the engine. I am older by 5 years.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I'm older..<br /><br /> My outboard (60hp Merc) and inboard (ford 302) are both 1989 vintage.. Both motors push boats that are much older..

Twidget

Commander

that makes me,so my wife says "an alte kakker"
My wife says its old sh!t. :) She got the funniest look on her face when I asked. <br /><br />Maybe alte knakker? Dirty old man? :eek: <br /><br />Im older than the motor, but it was made two years after I graduated High School.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> Yes it does mean old fart,but SBN I sure love that song.<br />One member here is the owner of the oldest known Evinrude in the world.He lives in the thousand islands and his outboard is in a museum.(never worry ,he has a few hundred more).His username seems to imply that he walks in an oriental way,but it really has to do with a certain way a boat may move.Can you guess his name?
Just to show folks that I do visit more than one place on here, I will take a stab and say you are talking about chinewalker and I know what that is all about for sure. :eek:

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I am way older than my motor, but I still work.<br /><br /> ;)

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Mines 7 years older than me, hopefully I'll die before it does!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Yep, it is Chinewalker and he is a lot younger than some of his engines.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> You noticed that JB ain't answered this one. :D :D :p
Thats because were talking "motors" not Sa...<br /> :D :D :D <br /><br />Got the chinewalker but did not have a clue on the first!<br /><br />And I've got grand kids the same age as my motor.<br />15 :(

aspeck

Staff member

Yup, I am older than the boats and motors I now have. I just hope when they get to be my age they are still working as well and as hard as I am now!<br /><br />If they don't, they will be fired and replaced!