Who Cooks In You Home?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Who Cooks In You Home?

I do all the cooking by default. I'm basically a single dad now. The ex gets them for a few hours each day and every other weekend. But even before the divorce I was the main cook. She can't do much more than open a can or boil up some mac & cheez. She never had much ambition and probably never will. Spoiled Brat!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Got divorced several years back and learned to cook as a form of entertainment. I kind of enjoyed it and became something I made time to do. Prior to that, toast presented somewhat of a challenge.<br /><br />I used to travel 5-6 days a week and the only consolation was getting to eat at some rather swanky joints. I saw what they did, picked up a trick or two, and viola', I'm a cook. It payed off nicely as a bachelor. Women seemed to dig it----alot :D :p . Now that I am married I make most of the formal meals, and I still don't have a cookbook. I am in no way a chef, but I have mastered about 15 dishes (not using a grill, more if you count those) and I am currently concentrating on dressings. I entered a salsa contest at work (50 entries)with my first attempt and won. People asked me for the recipe but I couldn't remember. Duh.<br /><br />To the young single types out there, get a wok, keep at least 4 kinds of pasta in the cupboard, specialty rice is the new aphrodesiac, learn how to use the produce section and when the local farm markets are in your area, vegetables are NOT optional, and avoid the use of red meats when trying to impress. <br /><br />I have no clue how to cook efficiently, neatly, without beer, wine or brandy, or to proportion. God help me if I ever have kids. That is a skill. Three times a day, nutritious, cost effective, and quick. Guess it might be time to buy that cookbook.

Devon

Cadet

My wife is a stay at home mom, I work 5&1/2 to 6 days a week. If she doesn't cook we all go hungry. She does laundry, bill paying, groceries, cooking, house cleaning, & etc. When we got married she told me I was responsible for lawn care and vehicle maintenance.<br /><br />Devon<br /><br />lol on question 3, it's at 50/50 now

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Just like Peggy Bundy my wife is also allergic to fire. I value my life I wont let her cook. After she kept burning the water and screwing up the ice cubes{she lost the recipe} that was it. I do it now...........