Who’s got a great idea??

f_inscreenname

Commander
Have you ever sat there and wondered “why don't they do that”? I have. <br />The most recent is “there should be a scenery channel on TV.” Like a web cam but with all the benefits of television (clarity, no jerky movement, etc). The camera could be on places like a stormy coast, a farm, a mountain top, Niagara falls etc. The camera and channel would be on the same piece of scenery 24hrs a day so you could follow the seasons and with the new wall mount flat screen TV’s it would be just like it was outside your window. With all the channels not used on cable and satellite (I have both) you think there could be a couple pay channels. What do you all think??<br />Have any ideas of your own? Just one rule. If you find a idea here and turn it into a cash cow you have to cut us all in.

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: Who’s got a great idea??

Well, I've been trying to market this "Left Handed Smoke Bender" I invented years ago, just doesn't seem to be a market for them anymore. :D

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Velco suit for babies, when moms doing the dishes just velcro baby to the curtains. Stick a velcro strip at the top of the stairs no need for a stair gate the baby just gets stuck. Why have a car seat when you can velcro into any seat!. Ive just gone velcro mad! P.S hope you have velcro in the US or this will seem like insane rambling

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by f_inscreenname:<br /> “there should be a scenery channel on TV.”
So you can sit in front of the TV to watch the grass grow? ;) <br /><br />Oh, BTW Chris, Velcro was invented and is manufactured about 25 miles from me. One of my neighbors is a "velcro engineer"

spratt

Lieutenant

Hmmmmm...used to do that on teh front porch as a kid...we had about 700 - 800 ft of road frontage, and when something uncommon as a car passing woul d happen, everyones head turned ever so slowly to watch it as it went by from west to east, just in case it was someone we knew, and if not then to see what stranger was driving through that neck of the woods...<br /><br />Funny thing, I never actually saw a blade of grass grow, but it always needed cutting!!!! And cutting two acres of grassweeds?) with a push mower (gas) was not the most fun...and we always owned the widest 22" cut mower we could get...

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Chris Myers:<br /> Velco suit for babies, when moms doing the dishes just velcro baby to the curtains. Stick a velcro strip at the top of the stairs no need for a stair gate the baby just gets stuck. Why have a car seat when you can velcro into any seat!. Ive just gone velcro mad! P.S hope you have velcro in the US or this will seem like insane rambling
Velcro???

NYMINUTE

Captain

comp16.gif
<br /> Terrific...another rate increase for comcast. Now I will have another channel to bore to death where others may fail...

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

f_inscreenname, that might work, sell it as an alternative to blank screen or worthless drivel when no one's watching.<br /><br />Here's a couple ideas of mine:<br /><br />1. An alarm clock that turns itself off before it goes off, so you don't have to wake up to turn it off & go back to sleep.<br /><br />2. Hooters-type of oil change service, female technicians, and waiting room downstairs looking out on the shop floor.<br /><br />3. Downloadable "alibi" videos for cell phones with photo/video capability. "Hey boss, you wouldn't believe this traffic jam - take a look for yourself." or "Honey, I'm still at the airport - my flight's been delayed again."

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

I think the Russians invented Velcro for their space program, to keep things planted in place without gravity. Or so I read somewhere...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> f_inscreenname, that might work, sell it as an alternative to blank screen or worthless drivel when no one's watching.<br /><br />Here's a couple ideas of mine:<br /><br /><br />3. Downloadable "alibi" videos for cell phones with photo/video capability. "Hey boss, you wouldn't believe this traffic jam - take a look for yourself." or "Honey, I'm still at the airport - my flight's been delayed again."
rauch13.gif
<br />I love #3 Steve. Sign me up for two.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I like your idea and I think I have a better one, FSN.<br /><br />These giant screen TVs are a big ugly gray panel when turned off. Your idea would turn them into decoration. . . sort of like a big painting. I like that, but why pay for it?<br /><br />My new TV has a slot for a memory stick (used in Sony and some other digicams). Get a Sony digicam, take a 10-15second video of your favorite scenery and plug it into the TV. Program the TV to repeat it forever. If you get tired of it switch memory sticks.<br /><br />This feature is already available on some top-line Sony sets and would be a simple thing to add to future sets.

Bondo

Staff member

“there should be a scenery channel on TV.”
You mean Just Like the Fireplace scene that's on during the Holidays ????<br />
P.S hope you have velcro in the US or this will seem like insane rambling
Ya,...Ya,... That's some kind of Processed Cheese Food, Isn't It ???????<br /><br /><br />I've "Discovered" a few...... Several are Still laying around in 1 of My ToolBoxes..... ;) <br /><br />1 of the Most Memorable,<br />I was helping a Bud to hang a new steel roof on his cabin, using string lines to hold Square....<br />This was about the time I'd ordered a Laser Sight for my .45acp,.. it hadn't arrived yet thou...<br />Anyway, I got to yapping with the Guys,+ figured that 2 of those sights just might be built into a Laser Square.... <br />Went home,+ ordered Another 1.......<br />A few weeks later, A Bud,+ Myself wandered into Sears to buy a Square to base this "Invention" on...... <br />Steve comes over to me, Laughing his Butt Off,...."Come Here, You Ain't Going to Believe This", he says to me............<br /><br />Ayuh,........... You Guessed it.........<br />There on the Shelf was MY Invention..........A Huge New Just Released Super Craftsman Tool Introduction Display............<br /><br />Story of My Life.......... A Day Late,+ a Dollar Short.................. :cool:

KaGee

Admiral

I heard a rumor someplace about a HEPA suit????

f_inscreenname

Commander

Well JB the reason I want it to be full time or semi live (have to adjusted for time zone, so the sun comes up on TV around the same time your time zone dose) so you can watch what happens over the day or days. Like if the feed camera was on a mountain top you could get up in the morning with your scenery channel (or your TV window) watch the mist roll through the valley in the morning, storms would pass through some days, snow would fall over the winter, the leaves would turn, animals etc. Just like it was a window looking out from your mountain retreat (or Hideaway). There is a lot of places I would like outside of my (TV) window rather then my neighbor going to work in the morning out of my real window. I am not saying you watch it but just like you said there is a bunch of gray screens out there and now the wall hung TV is going to be in every house it makes perfect sense to make it a “window to the world”.<br /> I know it is hard for people who live in rural areas to conceive this but my area there isn't many stormy, rocky ocean coast, or rolling plains land to look out my back door at. Just my neighbors and there back yards. I would pay 10 or 15 bucks a month to have the Maine Coast outside my (fake) window of my Glen Burnie, Maryland townhouse .

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

You know those little keychain gadgets they used to have, you whistle and they beep, so that you can find your keys.<br /><br />I always thought that should also be incorporated into the remote control for the TV.

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

How about velcro lipstick? uh oh.(I didn't say blonde)

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Actually, I would like to develop a cell-phone antenna booster to use in rural areas with little coverage.<br /><br />It wouldn't necessarily BOOST the cell phone power, but rather focus it through the use of parabolics into a directional reciever and transmitter. If you're in an area with little or no coverage, just connect your cell phone to booster, and point it towards the nearest city or cell site. By focusing the power into a narrow cone, you can greatly increase cell phone reception range.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

wait about 3-4 more years f in<br /><br />To stream real video, like a tv requires 10mb per sec. Right now it is pretty much 1-3 meg to the home. So there needs to be another leap in local technology<br /><br />I know, I know! you can get cable UPTO 10meg but not on a continual streaming basis.<br /><br />It is coming!<br /><br /><br />As far as the cell problem the issue is that with some many towers now all the phones are only .3 watts the more powerful older phones would not release the signal as you drove from tower to tower it would simply drop the signal entirely<br /><br />The answer is to get an older in car cell phone<br />or<br />Get onstar that is a satellite phone and will work anywhere!<br /><br />oh and <br /><br />That is regular tv not HDTV, which probably is in the 100meg per second range

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

Oh and I do have a great idea<br /><br />IF anyone is interested I can email a nondisclosure and if you sign it and fax it back I will send it to you.