FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I looked at the tiny tachs website and i want to make sure I ordered the right one. I ordered athe tach model #TT226R-2C(resettable hours). Is this the right one for my 1958 Johnson 10HP QD-19?<br /><br /> http://www.tinytach.com/origigas.html
the tiny tachs work with ANY motor,if memory serves me correct. they simply hook up to your #1 spark plug wire and away you go.. you can even use them on your lawnmowewrs
Yes, it does matter which wire. Top will be # 1. Don't worry, the gauge will come with all the instructions you need. If you are concerned about which one to order, give them a call and they will let you know if it's the right one, but I 'm sure you got the right one..
Hey Kevin,<br /><br />When I ordered mine, I talked to a guy (other than just the phone operator). He was very helpful and explained everything to me. He actually suggested I get a tach that reads 2 sparks and install the wire on both of my plug wires. I have an 80 50 rude 2 cyl. He said it reduces the change of interference from the second wire if I only got the tach that would hook up to one plug wire. Hope that makes sense.