Where's Yer Roots

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Where's Yer Roots

Sicilian, Russian. The Sicilian may be split with some Italian. Ancestors (Russian) settled in Windsor Ontario, those that came to the US altered the name a bit.

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

Hienz 57 her also, English, Irish, French, Some indian, American Indian that is. The only thing I care about is Texan by birth and Southern by the grace of God.

tylerin

Commander

Grandparents from both sides are Irish. There was a Scott thrown in there somewhere

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Grandma on dad's side - French Canadian<br />According to the stories Gramps on dads side - Hell<br /><br />Mom - Swedish off the boat<br /><br />Guess my family tree is more of a sapling. Managed to make it this far in life without a proper education in, and exploration of my roots. I have to admit I have somewhat of an interest in my background, but WWII created some ambiguity as to certain records. Those were strange times.

LadyFish

Admiral

On my Mother's side; my Grandfather's family came to America from County Cork, Ireland during the Potatoe Famin. They originally settled in Massachusetts and NY City. My Grandmother's ancestors were Welch/Indian and traveled to NY by Canastoda Wagon from Iowa. My great, great, great Grandmother's name was Thankful Bow and that was as far back as we could go.<br /><br />My Father was adopted but knows his parents and they came from Germany and Holland.

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer

I'm pretty boring. My parents immigrated to Canada from Portugal in the mid sixties and I was born in Canada in the late sixties.<br /><br />So I come from sailing stock...<br /><br />Look at our boats...They all have green and red lights just like the Portuguese flag....

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

great ones on dads side came across the pond about 1680 were a scots english mix. mothers parents came from wales about 1892. property I live on was purchased by ol great granpappy in 1885. benn playing in the salt pond most my life. I hate salt but hate sand and the sound of the surf worse :) :) family rumour and some of the old bibles show that sometime in the late 1680's they worked off the indentured servitude and moved from the Va area to here on the banks. something about to much gubberment in VA :) :) . not that it did much good. I have a copy of ole Edmonds will probated here in 1792. :)

aspeck

Staff member

German, Dutch, Italian, Cherokee, and others - had some Vicars in the family tree, and learned my great-great-great Aunt (she was a Noonan - that was her last name) married George Armstrong Custer. Go figure. Does that give me any claim to fame? Didn't think so.<br /><br />Grandmother on my mothers side was 2nd generation immigrant from Italy. Her dad came and couldn't speak English, couldn't write to his wife, but 3 years later sent her the money to come. She gathered her 2 kids and came. Had 5 more that lived after arriving at Ellis Island. They moved to Hamburg PA, where my Grandmother, and mother, were born.<br /><br />I know, more than you wanted to know ...

Dunaruna

Admiral

Italian back to 1356AD (thats how far back we've traced the tree). Late 1800s' spread out to the rest of the world ( :D insert evil laugh here :D )<br /><br />Aldo

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

French, Irish, German on one side, German, Polish, on other.<br />Mothers side migrated to Canada, then to Missouri. A direct ascendant founded the town St. Joseph Missouri, then the family spread west.<br />Fathers side founded a small town on the missouri river used to be called St. Deroin, now gone. They then ran riveboats and stayed in that area.<br />Basically I am a mutt.