Where's Yer Roots

dolluper

Captain
Mine came from Scotland and Ireland settled by St.Larwence Seaway in 1676 Northern side That makes me A tight fun loving buisnessman that,s always looking for free drinks So where's YER ROOTS :p :p

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Where's Yer Roots

The aliens said I'm not allowed to disclose that information since I'm not too sure where my roots are from.

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Great grandfather was a Portuguese sea captain who started seafaring life as crew on a slave trader before coming to Australia. Great, great, great grandfather was an Irish soldier in the English army who served as a sergeant in the penal colony in Tasmania in the early 1800's.<br /><br />The rest are pretty unimpressive in comparison but they hail from Ireland, England, and Holland.<br /><br />I'm mostly Irish lineage.<br /><br />Someone once said of me: "He's Irish, but only from the neck up.".

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by SS MAYFLOAT:<br /> The aliens said I'm not allowed to disclose that information since I'm not too sure where my roots are from.
They been talking to you too, eh, SS.<br />Yea I am from out there somewhere. I may never know from where though.<br /><br />Naaaaaaaa, I guess mine are right here in Kentucky, Bloody Breathitt County to be exact.<br /><br />My great-great-great grandfather settled there around the 1780's there abouts.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Mostly English, some Scot and some French.<br /><br />First ancestor came here in 1703.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

75% Swede<br />25% Norsk<br /><br />de gör sig alltid lustiga över mig på grund av norska :(

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Dominant roots:<br />Irish (Scots), Hungarian.<br /><br />Minority roots:<br />German, Sioux Native American, Polish

one more cast

Captain

Hungarian and German<br /> My Grand parents on my fathers side came to the USA in 1909 and settled in garfield NJ then in 1927 moved to the very site I live on. I don't really know the history on my mothers side.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Mainly English with Scot,German,Irish and a very small touch of Native American.

Laddies

Banned

I was always told that our family were Scots and Welch, but I just finshed a family tree in which I found that we were Norsemen (Vikings) that Invaded Normandy in 911 AD and Invaded England in 1066 with William the Conquerer and then came to America in 1653 to Virgina then to Ohio and finally to Michigan. My wife says that accounts for some of my obstinateness, I doubt thats the reason---Bob

gonfishn

Commander

Ojibwa,German and some other mix....My Great grandfather was a trapper and and my non great was a logger in the North Woods..<br /><br />Although rumor has it I was hatched when a crow flew over a rock and..well you know the rest.. :D

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mostly undocumented, but what I've been able to gather is a smattering of Irish, Cherokee, German, English, Comanche, and Swedish.<br />Mutts Rule!

f_inscreenname

Commander

Not knowing my father and my mother was adopted. I guess you can say I am a USA’in. There is to many countries in the Americas to say I am a “American”.

NathanY

Commander

German, both sides. Both sides of family came over here in late 1700's earlry 1800's.<br /><br />I'm a purebred of the highest calibre :D

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

edit by pjc, I removed what I posted because it was just not respectful. the post was not inflammatory nor crude.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Mutt! Heinz 57, And who knows what else.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

7/8's Welsh here. My middle name is Llewellyn, to prove the point.<br /><br />If pronounced properly the fellow your talking to wipes his face.<br /><br />Jinx

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I'm German,Pennsylvania Dutch and Irish.<br />My Dad's side has been in America since the early 1700's. Some buried in Iowa and Indiana and Kentucky. G-G-Grandpa(Mom's side) came to New York from Roscommon,Ireland around 1870's. He was a carriage painter. Other G-G- Grandpa on that side was a tax collector for the King of Denmark and came from Fohr, a little island off of Ireland around 1840's.