FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Still kickin...been a very busy spring and summer here... Well by here I mean anywhere I have been working...not at home. Been on the road since January it feels like. Now winter seems to be setting in before autumn can get started. Still have the evoke but have not done anything so nice last summer. Maybe this year will be the year I get it finished. Hope everyone is doing well. I need to check in once in awhile I guess.
My new hobby isn't helping either......vintage hand wood working tools..oh if I had learned how to use them at a younger age I know what I'd have done for a living
Hey Troop...I have the same hobby/addiction!!! I must have 2 dozen planes, handsaws, and 2 or 3 wood brace's. It just keeps piling up. I recently restored a 1947 Sears Craftsman Wood Lathe. It truly IS an addiction!!!:facepalm:
Hey Troop...I have the same hobby/addiction!!! I must have 2 dozen planes, handsaws, and 2 or 3 wood brace's. It just keeps piling up. I recently restored a 1947 Sears Craftsman Wood Lathe. It truly IS an addiction!!!:facepalm:
Sweet, Trooper! My wife could have a bunch of projects for you! LOL! I was just at an auction a couple weeks ago, estate sale, where there were a bunch of old woodworking tools in GREAT shape ... about 2 dozen wood planes alone. You and WOG would have had a blast there ...
I need to make a road trip up your way. Lay my hands on some of those tools and put em to use
Best frisk me before I leave though.
Putting a good woodworking tool to use, as it was intended to be used and BUILDING something from basically nothing is 1 of the reasons I love teaching carpentry. The all female class might contribute some too.