Where you buy gasoline is critical.

cyclops222

Petty Officer 2nd Class
In my boating lifetime I only had 2 bad loads of gas station gasoline. Then I switched to a Commercial Marine Dock. I have not had a bad tank of gasoline since switching. Costly yes. That was about 60 years ago. They only pump marine Hi Test. Gas stations and marinas have no standards. The place I use is where ALL commercial and work boats fill up. They do not have old stirred up fuel in their storage tanks.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
In my boating lifetime I only had 2 bad loads of gas station gasoline. Then I switched to a Commercial Marine Dock. I have not had a bad tank of gasoline since switching. Costly yes. That was about 60 years ago. They only pump marine Hi Test. Gas stations and marinas have no standards. The place I use is where ALL commercial and work boats fill up. They do not have old stirred up fuel in their storage tanks.
Same here I fuel up at Seymour’s Boatyards dock in Northport Long Island. They only sell 93 octane which is what I use. Yes more expensive but I have not had problems with water in the fuel etc.

ScottinAZ

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have a trailer boats. So I fill up the boat with the truck
Same here. The MoGas stations around these parts do a LOT more volume than the marinas at the lakes. I also dont have to pay the "lake tax" for the same gas...... there is no such thing as "ethanol free" anywhere around me, marina or not

mr 88

Commander
I use 87 semi ethanol and also buy the cheapest gas from the local Indian reservation, which has always had a unwarranted rap for water in there tanks . Transfer that gas into a few different boats and never ever had a problem with it. Boats don't sit around ,I use them . No gummed up carbs , rotted fuel lines , water in tanks , ignition detonation and anything else supposedly related to " cheap gas " . So to each his own . Guess I'll keep using that money i save for my fishing gear !!!

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Seymour's.jpg
Seymour's in Northport LI
I always thought this boat looked a bit like one James Bond would have....

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Our local marina is in a particularly important location, and was the only horse to ride. They currently only have two above ground tanks, one for gas and the other diesel.

But, back in the day they had underground tanks and one was for 50:1 2 stroke outboards. It had a sweep to keep it mixed, but often it failed. Sometime you would get all oil and sometimes all gas.

Many many people blew engines shortly after filling up. Eventually they eliminated that tank. Reportedly, though, they would never honor a complaint.