Where would you rather fish the 3rd week in October

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I get it, but considering that a charter taking you to the gulf stream costing roughly $2000 for a day fishing, where as you arrive, you will find that the sharks have learned to connect the boat's engine noise to festive meals that are at the end of your line and soon will be in their bellies is not really what you came for. How about all the charters going out every day to the same area thinning out the fish. I have even seen them sending drones up to find bait schools, which is illegal in some states. Never mind the 20 other charters around once you have found the fish.
Now compare this to being out in a charter boat which is charging only $1000 for a day and only an hour travel passing by migrating whales and being the only boat within ten miles of surface. Usually the captains of the small fishing boats will contact each other once they find the hunting dolphins and you may have another one or two boats within a few hundred yards. In October the 4 and 5 year old Mahi come closer to shore and even on 4 hour trips you can end up with more than your fill of mahi and tuna.
At the end of the day you can go to the beach and enjoy the view of surfers and yoga ladies while sipping a nice drink.
I fly from Rochester NY for less than $500 return ticket to San Jose and then hop on a 20 minute flight in a Cesna to Cobano and another half hour drive to Santa Teresa. which is my base.
So why in the third week of October? In November the tourist season gets going and prices for hotels and car rentals double or triple.
If you want more info you should send me a private message.
Ya…I can catch all the mahi and smallish tuna I want on my boat. More interested in large tuna and billfish.

Heard the striped marlin bite can be off the hook