Where to stow too many rods

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class
When I go offshore I guess I bring too many rods, and when I need to clear the **** pit I end up tossing 3 or 5 rods into the cabin. does anyone have a suggestion on some sort of rod racks or rod storage "IN " the cabin of a 2302. I'm trying to stay away from putting rod racks on the outside of the cabin because that will lessen the path of the walk around, and I need a clear path around the boat to fight and follow the fish. Suggestions needed. :eek:

tomysel

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Where to stow too many rods

In the 2102 there is 2 rod holders in the cabin... I carry about 6-8 rods (just lazy don't want to carry it back and forth) I cut out a piece of starboard and overlaped the original single rod holder.
port side
IMG_4124.jpg

starboard side
IMG_4122.jpg

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow thats nice! I have a 2004 and has no rod holders in the cabin...I'm trying to think how I would do something like that. :cool:

tomysel

Seaman Apprentice

I looked everywhere to find a rod mount that will fit under there but all i saw was the overhead mount or the wall mount that was just way too big... so I had couple of starboard pieces in the garage and some power tool so I started cutting.

IMG_4111.jpg

rode0

Cadet

That is a great idea
I'll have my workshop make a set for me
Brilliant
Paulj
:D:D:D

teeman

Cadet

Nce job there Tom. One ? how did you mount them? Might have to make some for my 2302.

tomysel

Seaman Apprentice

2102/2002 have a single rod holder in the cabin (one in port and one in starboard side). I just took the pieces that I cut out and attached to the stock rod holder...
IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4114.jpg

If don't have any I guess you can attach a SS bracket. or if your going to make it out of wood you can make a "T" on top. Take a piece of paper and make a templet of the curves on the hull so it fit's perfectly.

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks for the pic's that clears things up...I wondered what those little things were!

scrat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wanna go into business? I need a set of those bad and don't have the time and/or tools.
..Seriously.