Where to get replacement stock for 303 Enfield?

ezbtr

Commander
I recracked my 303 stock (rifle made in 1918), where's a good place to get a good, used stock? I want to replace all wood so it looks original. Thanks!

Bindernut

Seaman
Re: Where to get replacement stock for 303 Enfield?

First place I would check would be the local gun shops. Around here, I haven't seen one yet that didn't have at least one Enfield sitting on the rack or in the parts bin.

If no go, check with Numrich Arms. www.e-gunparts.com or 1-866-NUMRICH I've had best luck with talking to someone on the phone. they've usually got stuff on-hand that's not listed online yet. Great crew to work with too!

What Mark is your SMLE? I've had a couple MkIVs and one of those .308-converted MkVs. Never was a big fan of the .303 cartridge itself, but it sure is a smooth action.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

midwayusa.com has synthetic

http://www.reamerrentals.com/elkridge2.htm has very nice wood but not oem

Originals can be found on ebay once in awhile but probaly repaired..... Shotgun news....

I would just restock with a nice warm wooden one from above.

ezbtr

Commander

I actually only need the forearm piece in front of the magazine. I'd like it to match the rest of the darkened wood. 303 is a great round, I can shoot 7-800 yards pretty accurately with iron sights. I also like my Mosin 7.62 and Mauser(swapped to .308) carbines. I'd like to get a 30/06 M1 or Springfield, the Springfield is wayyyyy accurate :)

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

I'd like to get a 30/06 M1 or Springfield, the Springfield is wayyyyy accurate :)

Have both. You are correct, but the Garand is very accurate as well!

ezbtr

Commander

No luck so far, I beleive the piece I need is one piece from mag to end of barrel? I did go trapshooting yesterday, boy I love my Winchester 25 pump :)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Just a thought.... can you epoxy your old piece together and use epoxy inside and make it stronger?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Just a thought.... can you epoxy your old piece together and use epoxy inside and make it stronger?

Good idea Bob, if it is not too oily. He could also lay in a layer of glass cloth if there is room.