where to get inexpensive side liner

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i need something light to attach to the sides of my hull on the inside.<br />the original material was very thin and just glued up any ideas?

vipzach

Lieutenant
Re: where to get inexpensive side liner

Why not glue some marine grade carpet up there?

rottenray6402

Ensign

There are several places on the web that supply all types of different matieral made for marine use. You may even find something on Iboats under the mega mall tab. If not just google search.

trog100

Senior Chief Petty Officer

my son just did the inside of his boat (floor and lower sides} with car boot/trunk carpet.. its cheap.. thin.. bends round curves quite well and was stuck in place with Evo-Stick impact adhesive..<br /><br />the other stuff u can use (uppersides and the roof) or areas that dont get walked on.. is what they sell for going aound "boom-boxes" sub woofers and such.. it has no backing and goes round compound curves very well.. <br /><br />for parts of the boat that get wet on a regular basis i think paint as opposed to carpet is the best idea..<br /><br />use marine carpet if u like but being mean we try and avoid anything with marine on it as much as possible.. quite often the only real difference is the price..<br /><br />trog100<br /><br />ps.. if the liner needs to be rigid.. thin plywood with the carpet stuck to it works.. or u can even use sticky backed plastic..

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Large sign shops sometimes offer big sheets of plastic of various thicknesses and colors. They have all kinds of different plastics. Usually you want to get something that is made for outdoor use. You can also get it with a pattern in the plastic so that carpet glue and other things stick to it better if you end up covering it.

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks For all the responses guys. For the deck i already have chosen grizzly grip.<br />for the sides thou ill look into that carpet idea i dont know why we didnt think if it heh. ill check all this out and keep rolling on it. there will be more pics to come.