Where to get Carpeting

sailsmanship

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1988 Searay Sedan Bridge that is in terrible need of interior carpet. The origianl carpet that I pulled out is a thick pile with a black rubber back. It is old but it seems to be very pliable. Problem is I cannot find any carpet online or in stores that resemble this. Does anyone know where to get this or where to get current carpets that the OEM's use?

Psiclown

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Where to get Carpeting

Sounds like a big piece of bunk carpeting. You could buy a few rolls of bunk, lay them down, and then cover that will regular marine carpet. No idea what kind of glue to use for each. Good luck.

sailsmanship

Petty Officer 1st Class

No its just like carpet in your house but without the heavy juke on the back.

Psiclown

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds like a big piece of bunk carpeting. You could buy a few rolls of bunk, lay them down, and then cover that will regular marine carpet. No idea what kind of glue to use for each. Good luck.

Yeah ok so putting carpet over carpet was a lame idea lol. Please disregard. I was trying to say put the rubber down first, the carpet over that. :)

jamiemac74

Seaman

I have a 1988 Searay Sedan Bridge that is in terrible need of interior carpet. The origianl carpet that I pulled out is a thick pile with a black rubber back. It is old but it seems to be very pliable. Problem is I cannot find any carpet online or in stores that resemble this. Does anyone know where to get this or where to get current carpets that the OEM's use?

I purchased mine from Farber Sales in Nashville TN. If I knew what you needed I could get it and ship it to you. They stock 6' wide and sell it by the yard. I special ordered the 8" wide for my boat. Its exactly what you are speaking of...

sailsmanship

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the suggestions. The Ebay link believe it or not is the exact color I am looking for. I have emailed them for a swatch.
IBOATS FORUMS ROCK !!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Again.....

jamiemac74

Seaman

If you change your mind and need my help don't think twice on asking. I buy at wholesale on this..

sailsmanship

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks, I've got a couple of swatches coming and if their color is not a good match to the rest of the interior, I will take you up on it..