Where to find missing boat piece.

edanc

Recruit
Hello,
I live in western Canada and I have a missing piece off my 2001 Campion Allante s535 and I was wondering if anybody knows where I could get one or who to talk to to make one etc. I have contacted many places and they have been helpful but I still haven't found this piece. I would be willing to pay for it to be shipped to me from anywhere because of my location. This is my last resort and I'm hoping someone in the forum could provide me some guidance or assistance. I will attach a photo of the missing piece. One of my boat, and one of another boat that has the piece on it. Please help!! Thank you

Edan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220917_144555.jpg
    Screenshot_20220917_144555.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220822_201842.jpg
    20220822_201842.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 30

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Welcome aboard

You are going to have to make it yourself.

Champion has gone out of business 3 times since your boat was made, and that is a champion only bit

racerone

Supreme Mariner
There are a number of wrecking yards that might have something.-------Try kings propeller repair-----In Ontario.------They have a lot of scrap / scrapped boats.------I know they just ground up a number of boats.-----Not much call for stuff like that so it gets thrown out !

flashback

Captain
Looks like it was there to deflect rain from the bilge vents. Maybe you can find a bit of resistant lumber, cut it to fit, stain a nice color and polyurethane. I like a little wood on a boat.

mvn

Petty Officer 1st Class
I recommend you make it out of Starboard.

Mark

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Your local upholstery shop will have starboard for much less than McMaster Carr prices

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi. A friend and I run a campion owners group on Facebook (yes I know, I know !). But there are a few employees from campion in the group. Just recently campion announced that things weren’t going so well and had lots of parts advertised from the factory. Have a look and see.
Ps. Campion likely shouldn’t be co fused with champion boats. They often are, to be fair.