Where is the horn on a Bayliner Capri?

I just bought a 1990 Bayliner Capri, 16'. The horn button does not work. Does anyone know where the actual horn is so I can test it?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Where is the horn on a Bayliner Capri?

could be any where, look under console, under front deck.

ziggy

Admiral

ya could trace the wires from the button. that'll either lead ya to the batt. or the horn it self. lots of these newer boats seem to have an oval shaped horn that's flush with the body of the boat. they useally look like vents to me..... look here on iboats at the marine store. search horns. it'll show ya a bunch of different varietys and what to look for......

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Whacky as it may seem, the horn on my SeaRay 170 bowrider was tucked up under the backrest of the starboard seat in front of the windshield. No grill to the outside at all.

It didn't work from day one so I can't comment on how the sound was supposed to transmit through the foam padding, the vinyl covering the padding and the passenger...if any.

Perhaps Bayliner had the same great idea, so if your Capri is a bowrider, try fishing around up under there as well, bets being it would be on the helm side just for wiring simplicity.

180Diablo

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Mine is located under the dash area, mounted on a bracket on the starboard side, above my fuse holder. Not sure how how effective it is being mounted inside the boat vs outside .. but .. oh well thats where it is :)

Coors

Captain

If you ever find it, convert it to an outside horn, that does it's job...