Where do I find info on if I can access Tampa bay from where I'd like to buy a house?

ph1shmonger

Cadet
I'm looking at buying property on Allens Creek just west of Belcher and need to know if I can access the bay on both tides with my 22' sea pro with a t-top. I've searched and can't find a site with the info... any help in steering me in the right direction would be appreciated.

mikeneal

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Where do I find info on if I can access Tampa bay from where I'd like to buy a ho

I live in St. Pete, and have been boating here for many years, I know here Belcher road is but no idea where Allen Rd is. Address so I can Google Map it? You do realize there is lots of land between Tampa Bay and Gulf (you said access both sides)

ph1shmonger

Cadet
Re: Where do I find info on if I can access Tampa bay from where I'd like to buy a ho

The house is on Allens Creek... Just west of Belcher. 2191 Waterside Dr. Clearwter.

I need to know if I can get out of Allen's Creek underneath the Belcher Rd Bridge and the HWY 19 bridge with a T-Top on both tides.

mikeneal

Senior Chief Petty Officer

There is a Marine Max dealership right where that channel goes under US19, I would call them and ask what the channel is, Goggle Earth looks like it gets WAY shallow not far past Marine Max.

BillP

Captain

Is the place on a nautical chart? If so, it will have depths and bridge clearance.

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

I'd also check with MMax. They are where you would enter the Bay, so they would know if the bridge and waters were navigable. Looking at Google Earth, there are boats in the channel to your west, but none to the east of the bridge, and it looks like its real shallow to your east. But it wouldn't make sense for all those people to have boats if they could only stay in the small area to the west.