FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1988 85hp Force. Where can I find details on this motor? I'm looking for things like Max RPM, gear ratio, etc. Is there a users manual online somewhere that would have this?
Only place you're going to find that info is in a manual. Unfortunately there's no free manuals online. Many of us have tried. It might be worth the effort to try CraigsList for people selling the manuals. There used to be a guy selling CD's with the manuals in PDF format for $10 a CD
Either manual would be beneficial. Basically, I am new to this motor and I know absolutely nothing about it. I would like to find out some info so that I can determine max rpm, etc. I also try to do as much of my own maint. as possible, so a repair manual would be nice also.
Go to Hurrikain.com bought my manual, PDF format for 60HP Chrysler for 10 bucks. downloaded and printed all 186 pages no problem. Nice guy if there are problems downloading. Helps working it all out