When you become very old?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
The wife and I stand at opposite ends at this question, but there is no right or wrong answer.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: When you become very old?

Let your children take care of you in their home
'Cause that's what families are supposed to do.<br /><br />Although I would hate to be a burden on anyone, I would rather die than be kept in a nursing home my final days.<br /><br />I wouldn't hesitate for a second to do it for them.

TilliamWe

Banned

I hope that my children are too busy with their own lives to care for me. Nursing home would be just fine. I'd actually rather die at home, before I became infirmed!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Like LF, they would take care of me/us. They have already said so, but me thinks they just are after my money, so I will spend it before then, hehehehehe. :D :D

NathanY

Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> but me thinks they just are after my money, so I will spend it before then, hehehehehe. :D :D
Need some help?

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Like LF, they would take care of me/us. They have already said so, but me thinks they just are after my money, so I will spend it before then, hehehehehe. :D :D
Mine... well mostly one... has done an excellent job of doing it already.<br /><br />Hey Spinner, go ahead and enjoy it man... as they say... ya can't take it with you! :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

No brain’r......no kids........ Guess I'm SOL, destine for a dribble cloth and depends in a nursing home....just hope there are some hot nurses.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

The wife is from Thailand, and as you know an asian society is all about those that are older. She wants the kids to take care of her.<br /><br />I want no part of that, I want them to have fun and not worry about me.<br /><br />We will soon face this dilemma, my grandmother is getting to that point. Falling down, cant get up, not taking medicine, etc, etc. But she is hardheaded, and refuses to live with anyone, including her younger sister.<br /><br />Ken

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

No kids and no money. <br />So just push me face down in the ditch before a big rain storm.

JB

None of the above.<br /><br />This is getting close for me. I will be 70 in October and am unable to do a lot that I used to do.<br /><br />I am pretty sure that I am good for another 10 years, physically, if my heart doesn't give out (2 angioplasty and one double bypass). <br /><br />If I get too feeble to care for myself (I live alone) I think I will offer to give my house and about 5 acres of The Hideout to a housekeeper/practical nurse to come here and look after me.<br /><br />I intend to live here until I die.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by Limited-Time:<br /> No brain’r......no kids........ Guess I'm SOL, destine for a dribble cloth and depends in a nursing home....just hope there are some hot nurses.
I also have no kids, don't want any, never wanted any, so it's probably going to be a nursing home for me if i ever make it to that stage in life, if the nurses are hot, i'll wake up each morning with something to look forward to and something to dream about each night :D <br />but i'll never know until i get there, i could probably be euthanased to make room for more productive beings :eek: Hey! anything is possible.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Like LF, they would take care of me/us. They have already said so, but me thinks they just are after my money, so I will spend it before then, hehehehehe. :D :D
Reminds me of a quote from Stephen Pollen who wrote "Die Broke"...something on the order "the last check you write should be to the undertaker, and it outa bounce".

NYMINUTE

Captain

Who will take care of the Nursing Home employees after I drive them to the brink of suicide?

Drowned Rat

Captain

I have to answer neither. Maybe an assisted living community, but that's it. If I need a nursing home, I'm ready for the grave.

gaugeguy

Captain

I didn't vote because there was no choice for neither. I'll stay in my home and hire a visiting nurse/housekeeper to come help me if I need it. Don't think I will, heart disease kills the men in my family early anyways.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Me wonders who will take care of "The Amazing Italian"? :D :eek:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I wanna die with me boots on!<br /><br />but failing that, if my kids haveta take care of me they'll hate my guts before I'm dead 'cause I'm gonna be ornery as heck by then. They'll hate me then feel guilty after I'm gone. I dont wanna put that kinda guilt trip on 'em.<br /><br /> :D

D

DJ

What makes anyone think that the government is going to let you live that long?<br /><br />The "collective" will decide if you are a contributing member or not. If not-sianara, probably by starvation/dehydration.

Link

Rear Admiral

What a serious subject for a Friday afternoon.<br />I'll throw my .02 in here.<br /><br />LadyFish as the care giver I agree. <br />We took care of my father the last couple years of his life. Made sure he lived where he wanted to and didnt have to worry about money etc. <br />When he could no longer care for himself we asked him to move in with us.<br /><br />As time went on when he could no longer do anything without help we just "helped him" like he did me as a child in the 1950s. <br /><br />I got more out of it than he did as a way of repaying him for the effort of raising me. <br /><br />However for myself. I'm with JB 100%. Even though I did Not consider my Father a burden at all or my MIL comming up next I just dont want my kids or even wife to have to take care of me. <br />Would rather reward a perfect stranger well for doing the same.<br />And if I cant afford that, then I'll just check myself out of this world a few months early.

Homerr

Commander

I'd rather die than be in a nursing home.<br />And I wouldn't want to be a burden on my family.<br /><br />I hope I go out well before anyone needs to take care of me.<br /><br />'Nuff said.<br /><br /><br />H.