When God is busy

Kenneth Brown

Captain
One Nation Under God<br /><br />A college professor, an avowed Atheist, was teaching his class. He<br />shocked several of his students when he flatly stated that there is no<br />God, the expression, "One Nation Under God", was unconstitutional, and<br />further, he was going to prove there is no God. Addressing the ceiling<br />he shouted: "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this<br />platform. I'll give you 15 minutes!"<br /><br />The lecture room fell silent. You could have heard a pin fall. Ten<br />minutes went by. Again he taunted God, saying, "Here I am, God. I'm<br />still waiting."<br /><br />His countdown got down to the last couple of minutes when a Marine just<br />released from active duty and newly registered in the class walked up to<br />the professor, hit him full force in the face, and sent him *** over<br />teacups from his lofty platform. The professor was out cold! At first<br />the students were shocked and babbled in confusion.<br /><br />The young Marine took a seat in the front row and sat silent. The class<br />fell silent...waiting.<br />Eventually, the professor came to, shaken. He looked at the young Marine<br />in the front row. When he regained his senses and could speak he<br />yelled, "What's the matter with you? Why did you do that?"<br /><br />"God was busy. He sent me."<br /><br />God Bless America

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer
Re: When God is busy

good stuff!!<br />musky, is that a pic of you're new musky lure? or just somthing you play with in the bathtub?...sl

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class

dont forget all of our other fighting forces. They all sacrifice for our freedom and faith!

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

God does work in ways we'll never understand.

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class

No problem 12' I was in the navy and I still salute my fellow mil. men and women. To this day I dont understand this "aithiest" point of view, to me there HAS to be a god or there wouldnt be a world for us to live in. just my point of view, not trying to incite an argument over faith.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by starrider_68:<br />To this day I dont understand this "aethiest" point of view, to me there HAS to be a god or there wouldnt be a world for us to live in. just my point of view, not trying to incite an argument over faith.
If there is a God, starrider, then Liberals cannot be omniscient. Therein lies the battle.

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

God can do anything. But sometimes He works through us. God Bless that young Marine for knowing God wanted to work through him at that moment in time.<br /><br />God Bless all our men and women in uniform.<br /><br />Thank you all,<br /><br />Jim in Orlando - former sailor with the United States Navy