What's Your Tow Vehicle? (Boats Less then 20')

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelsen

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: What's Your Tow Vehicle? (Boats Less then 20')

I'm towing my 18' bowrider with a Chevy Astro. The dry boat weight is 2400 so the total weight including trailer is probably 3500-4000 lbs.<br />It tows great. On the highway I set the cruise control to 75mph and go hours after hours. I had a 94 Aerostar before and it was terrible. I would not drive far in a small minivan.

gus-gus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am quite shocked and honestly giggling at some of your tow vehicle choices. However mine is just about as ludicrous a choice, but it is what I have. You see, I traded into my 1987 18 foot Outrage with a huge enclosed trailer. I used to tow heavy loads for many miles and many days, most from or to Alaska. So my tow vehicle is now for my new (to me) B.W. is an '04 Dodge 3500 dually, 4WD, 4 door. LOL. But it works. 8800lbs of fire breathing Cummins power! Then add 3500lbs of boat and trailer, whew, I guess I need a dually.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

gus-gus, we have notices all over the place begging you to NOT REPLY to old, dead threads.

This one has been in the archives for 9 years without activity. I am not going to delete your post because of the timeless topic, but please, please read and obey our rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.