FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Only thing that looks different than mine is I bend two or 3 of the tabs back to lock the nut in place. I don't want to risk it loosening and throwing my prop off.
Only thing that looks different than mine is I bend two or 3 of the tabs back to lock the nut in place. I don't want to risk it loosening and throwing my prop off.
Not that Merc ya don't. The tab is a hex fit for the nut to sit in. It rides against a splined piece on the shaft, which is notched. One or two tabs should index with a slot, and the tab bent in forward, not back on the nut. And one or two fine..
Anyway, its fine..you are missing nothing.