Whats up with the Pack?!!

FSHKPR

Ensign
Wow!! that game last night was disgraceful. cant believe its the same team that played carolina, Nate i think i am gonna owe you a couple bucks. right now i cant think of anybody the pack can beat. I am dissapointed and ashamed. :(

bh357

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Whats up with the Pack?!!

right now i cant think of anybody the pack can beat.
Let's see... Pack starting offense vs. Pack starting defense :p <br /><br />Sad to say, but I stayed up for most of the game. They did show a flash of brilliance with that touchdown drive in the 2nd quarter. But when Favre throws not one :eek: , not two :eek: , not three :( , but FOUR interceptions :mad: , and you add a muffed punt and a fumble, it makes it hard to beat anybody, even if your defense was capable of stopping their offense.<br /><br />And yes, I'm a Packer fan, and I'll continue to watch their games. Nights like last night just make it painful to watch.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Packers need a new Quarterback. I know Favre has had a spectacular career but that is over. Another big mistake was letting Mike McKenzie <br />go.

NathanY

Commander

Whats worse is the way my 'boys played against New York. They were kicking the crap out of them, then it looked like they fell asleep at the wheel.<br /><br />I bet the Pack could beat Dallas. I hate to say it though. But we will find out the 24th.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

McKenzie isn't a team player. Sorry to lose the talent, not sorry to lost the individual. Favre still has the arm, but he's the most studied quarterbacck in the game. Hard to suprise anyone with that. At least the Badgers are winning. :)

thedude7803

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The Pack does not necessarily need a new quarterback. They need a new coaching staff. Top to bottom, clean house. They also need a GM that can get some talent. Sherman has had one good draft choice, and that was Nick Barnett. They need a big name good receiver for Farve, which Sherman has failed to get for years. Who are the young guys supposed to learn from? <br /><br />Unfortunately, I am a Packers fan (from WI) and a Chiefs fan. I am not sure why, but after bad showing by both defenses last year, there respective head coaches think they can make a cordinator change and expect the defense to get better without adding any talent. In the case of the Packers, they have gone backwards with the loss of McKenzie (the Milli of our Milli-Vanilli combo). <br /><br />It was not a mistake to let McKenzie go, since he would not play for Sherman. It was a mistake to get crap for him, when they really could have used a d-lineman.

FSHKPR

Ensign

well i am ashamed of the way they played but i too will continue to watch and be miserable. i think favre still has talent but he gets too emotional trying to carry the team. he needs a supporting cast. but even at that he only has a couple years left. so they better be looking for replacement now. I am not real convinced sherman is the man for either job. definatly hes not the man for both jobs. what really hurt the packers was the loss of ron wolf. i still say he is what made the packers the great team they were back in 96.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by bh357:<br />
Nights like last night just make it painful to watch.
bh<br />Welcome to my world! :rolleyes: <br />I am a (relocated) Browns and Indians fan thru and thru!!!<br />Have been since I was knee high to a grasshopper.<br /><br />Makes for some loooonnnngggg seasons sometimes.<br />They will come around eventually.. :) <br /><br />AK Chappy

eeboater

Commander

What I don't understand is why in the last 10 years they haven't provided Favre with a minimum of 2 good wide receivers?! Its like owning a boat... but LIVING IN THE DESERT!!!!!!!<br /><br />
14.gif
<br /><br />Sean

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

It's easy, lowsy coaching, lousey player management, lowsy evaluation of talent. But it has been a great run and as a fan I am greatful for the wonderful teams put together by Ron Wolfe.<br /><br />Sherman won't make it through next year. No defense but two punters on the active roster. Genius! One of them a third round draft choice, neither any good..

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If it was a mistake for the Packers to let anyone go, it was Tim Couch. Of course, I'm from Kentucky and a bit biased. I think their offense is a perfect fit for him.<br /><br />Not that he should be playing over Farve, considering Brett is my favorite player to ever play the game.

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

Well, I did see a couple of signs that read "Fire Sherman". Oh yeah... and look at the Seahawks the past few years. Who's the better coach, Holmgren or Sherman :( <br /><br />We'll see this Sunday just how bad the Pack has gotten, when they face the Lions. The latest line only has the Lions favored by 1.5 points. Surprising seeing how well the Lions have been playing, and how the Pack has been struggling. Also, the Pack doesn't tend to play all too well in Detroit.<br /><br />Still plenty of time in the season. Lots of teams make the playoffs with 4 losses.<br /><br />Go Pack!

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Yea, try living in the same city as the Bengals. Come on, at least the Packers are a respected team.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

LOL oddjob :) packers could prob. beat the fins<br />and MY beloved (loser) Bills... at least they play<br />each other this week and 1 team will have a win.

Carphunter

Commander

I can't feel too bad for the Pack, since i'm a Titans fan. ;) <br /><br />Unfortunately, both teams needed that win badly. <br /><br />I will say, if I wasn't a Titans fan, I would surely root for the Pack.<br /><br />Anyway, hopefully this will turn the Titans season around. As long as McNair stays healthy, I think they at least have a shot at having a good season.<br /><br />.........and, let me say, anybody that thinks Brett Favre is washed up is crazy. He is still one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the league.<br />I rank 'em like this.<br />#1 Tom Brady<br />#2 Peyton Manning<br />#3 Steve McNair<br />#4 Brett favre<br />#5 Doug Flutie :D :D <br /><br />.....Ok,#5 Micheal Vick.<br /><br />How do you rank 'em?

NYMINUTE

Captain

Do they play the Bills? That could be a cure. Things in Buffalo have sucked since Kelley retired. Ah!!! Parity

gaugeguy

Captain

I was in Green Bay yesterday, and I have never seen more sullen faced people as I saw in and around the airport (most dressed in green and yellow).

eeboater

Commander

I grew up a block away from Lambeau. I could hear the Packers score before it appeared on TV. (5 second delay, crowd cheers)<br /><br />I hated the Packers when i lived there. Why, I couldn't get to or from my house when there was a game. When I could, it was a real PITA!<br /><br />Sean