Whats this "Flood Protection" crapola?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Sorry, we can not process your request. The board administrator has enabled flood protection for this function. You must wait at least 31 seconds before trying this request again. <br /><br />Note: Using your back button to return to the previous page may cause the data you were attempting to submit to be lost. Instead, you should use your browser's reload button when the time period has elapsed. <br />
What is this? Even if I wait the 31 seconds, it still prevents me from making the post! I have to wait about 15 minutes. What gives?

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: Whats this "Flood Protection" crapola?

I had the same thing Mark about a week ago.<br />The same time certain people were using their powers to post in the future :) <br /><br />AK Chappy

KennyKenCan

Commander

Try logging out, then re-entering iboats.<br /><br />Sometimes that helps.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Must be due to the Hurricanes in Floriduh, or Texass. Maybe iboats has a new insurance carrier.<br />Either way it is a royal pain when you are trying to post while at work err lubricating the ball joints.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Can the flood protection be Pooofed????

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I usually have to quit using AOL and use another browser.

KaGee

Admiral

Maybe it's just a nice name for what otherwise would be known as a BS Filter..... snick!<br /> :p

spratt

Lieutenant

I can guarantee you...call teh Whitehouse and ask if Mr. Bush is doing this to us!!! (That is a secret provided by the Kerry camp just a few minutes ago ;) )<br /><br />BTW, I have been having this problem all morning myself...

spratt

Lieutenant

I have logged out, closed my browser, re-opened it, re-logged back in, and still get that message...perhaps the board is just overworked...and tired...and is poofing on itself...

KaGee

Admiral

Bump...<br /><br />Got it twice again last night... two different posts... would not let them go through, no matter how long a wait, I gave up. The board has been rather quiet the last few days, relatively speaking. Thought maybe Iboats has a small glitch in their server?<br /><br />What's up with that MODS???

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just spent 40 min. trying to post a poll about flood protection. Third time today for me. Hope this one goes thru.

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Obviously worked. I'll try the poll again.

ndemge

Commander

Flood Protection:<br /><br />
sandbag.jpg

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I do not mind "flood protection", but these back door trojan attacks are making me nervous! So far, so good.All have been blocked. A word to the wise (and even Woodrat), keep your virus and spyware ptotection updated daily.

KaGee

Admiral

Very funny Noel!