What's the worst moment in your life?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: What's the worst moment in your life?

It is hard to say what the worst moment was. It would probably be the news of my fathers death. It was unexpected even though he was 70.

NYMINUTE

Captain

The day I was transferred to Indiana, 2 of my three sons were still in NY with the ex. Over 3 years they came to live with me, those were the best moments.

ehenry

Commander

Holding my infant daughter while she died and my son, who was 9 at the time, stood by me and sang "Jesus Loves Me". June 13th 1997.

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

My dad died when I was 3 yrs old (cancer)<br /><br />Wifes mom died when she was 3 months old (heart attack)<br /><br />You always wonder what it would have been like if they were here.<br /><br />Maybe this will help some of the sadness, one of my most embarrassing moments was when I was at the home center buying conduit. I had a 10 foot stick in my hand and swung around a corner and felt the back of the conduit hit something. Looked back and a guy was holding his crotch. Another guy next to us looked at me and said, "You got him, you got him". I apologized over and over and he said he was OK. Thank God!<br /><br />Jeff

D

DJ

9/11.<br /><br />My generations {Pearl Harbor), but YAWN, no one cared, or cares any longer.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

efhenry,<br />I don't know you nor have I experienced your pain, but as a Dad, I am very sorry that you had to experience the death of your infant daughter.<br /><br />DJ,<br />My grandfather-in-law was on guard duty at Pearl Harbor when the attack began. I always honor him, but especially on December 7th and on Veteran's Day. He is 86 years old and still grouper fishes miles off shore. I take him Crappie fishing in my boat and we go out in his boat Grouper fishing. He is much more of a man than I'll probably ever be! My biological grandpa's have died, but he treats me just like his own grandsons.

Marc J.

Petty Officer 1st Class

brother cris,<br />I know your pain. It happened to me a little later in life, but having a child with the WRONG woman is a heartbreaker. It leads to tough choices and tougher consequences. I cherish my daughter, but I envy those with happy marriages.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I would like to break here for a second to Thank everyone who has posted here.<br />You have shared a lot of pain from your lives. Each of us has an event that haunts us or brings sadness. <br />I see from what I have read here that some of know the sadness of taking a life, losing a life, losing a love, and the list goes on.<br />I have not been able to completely open with mine, but in time it may come.<br />This just re-inforces or reminds me of why I come here to read and reply to all of you. I have been popping on and off of here for a short time compared to some of you, but feel almost at home here. These times shared here are from the deep dark places in our hearts and minds. Some here have shared their inner demons, and the worst of their pain from their lives. <br />Thank you all for sharing and opening your lives to the rest of us. Pain does bring people closer, and brings an understanding. A sort of insight to our self. So again THANK YOU and I am proud to say I belong here.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I held my father's hand as he died in the Hospital from a heart attack that he ignored too long. But he was 74 and while it was hard to let him go, he was of ill health and I suppose it was somewhat expected. Losing a father was tough. Losing a child has to be a zillion times worse. You never expect to outlive your children and I hope I don't.<br /><br />"Holding my infant daughter while she died"<br />How sad! :( <br /><br />"and my son, who was 9 at the time, stood by me and sang "Jesus Loves Me"."<br />How Beautiful! :) <br /><br />Jesus loves me, this I know<br />for the Bible tells me so.<br />Little ones, to Him, belong.<br />They are weak but He is strong.<br />Yes, Jesus loves me.<br />Yes, Jesus loves me.<br />Yes, Jesus loves me.<br />The Bible tells me so.<br /><br />Now pardon me while I go bawl my eyes out.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

June 7th 2003, Help my best friend bury his 13 month old daughter. She was killed by a drunk driver at 2:30 in the afternoon on a Thursday. He left a bar at 1:45P.M. drunk, stopped and bought a jug of Vodka(reciept in the van) took a couple of swigs, blew a red light and t-boned and acura integra at 65-75 MPH killing the baby and the 23 year old driver, the babies aunt. <br />That day compares to nothing that has happened to me, even the day I almost died.

ehenry

Commander

James and Willy B, Thankyou.

LadyFish

Admiral

Winger Ed, I'm sorry to hear about the recent passing of your mother.<br /><br />Like most here I've had my share some of which are just too painful to post.<br /><br />My heart goes out to all of you.

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> Winger Ed, I'm sorry to hear about the recent passing of your mother.<br /><br />Like most here I've had my share some of which are just too painful to post.<br /><br />My heart goes out to all of you.
....<br /><br />Thanks buddy.<br /><br />One of my favorite expressions I find myself using fairly often is, <br /><br />"Some days are just naturally better than others".

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

We all have our bad moments and even anticipate them. It is most painful when we can not stop things that we know will hurt.<br /><br />I watched my beautiful wife taken away from me over a period of 15 years. When she passed away it was just weeks shy of our 29th anniversary. Reliving those thoghts and reading others is kind of like ripping open old wounds. <br /><br />Best we all move on and ahead, good days are ahead.<br /><br />Bob

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

1.The Day I found out my favorite uncle had cancer.<br />2.The night my Husbands favorite uncle passed away from heart attack.<br />3. our friends child dies from head injury.