What's the best thing you ever found?

ZmOz

Captain
What is the best thing you guys have ever found? For me it would be the box of computer memory/CPUs I found in the garbage, all in bags marked "BAD". Tested them all as good and made about $800 on ebay with them. :D <br /><br />Or maybe the bag of weed I found in my truck from the previous owner. :p

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: What's the best thing you ever found?

Man ZmOz you have all the luck....previous owner of my truck left me a John Denver greatest hits tape.....it wasnt even a CD.<br /><br />Best thing I ever found was an antique fishing rod (big glass or plastic bulb at the end)....hooked it while fishin

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best thing I ever found has to be a rock!<br />In the Chatham Islands for holiday I wanted something to take home to remember the trip, so I picked up an inconspicious rock from the beach. This rock has come to give me some of the best memories of my life. Now my children ask what I want bought home from overseas when they travel and I always say, "Just bring me a rock, stone or shell from a beach."<br />Thay've all adopted the habit and we spend good family time at each others homes reminiscing about the trips.<br />The added advantage is they're free.<br />Ross

Drowned Rat

Captain

Just the other day, somebody threw out one of those small fridges with the glass doors for cooling wine bottles. The power cord was cut, but other than that it looked brand new. I put a new plug on it and plugged it in and it works just fine. Sweet! I don't drink wine, but it keeps beer cold just as good. :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I really like finding stuff on the side of the road when I'm going for my walk. One day I found a beautiful 6 ft. long prybar. It has come in real handy for my husband on many of his projects. I looked up how much one of them costs and its about $80. So, that was a great deal. I do feel sorry for the dude who lost it, but not THAT sorry. ;) <br />Bassy

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by Pony.:<br /> Man ZmOz you have all the luck....previous owner of my truck left me a John Denver greatest hits tape.....it wasnt even a CD.
Thats funny...I also found a John Denver 8 track in the truck. :D

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry, just can't resist:<br />GWB wishes it was WMD's... :D

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

:D you got that right theriver. LOL 25 years now

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

iboats.com :)

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

A buyer for my last boat. ;)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

One of the best things for me was finding the way to Grayson Lake to meet SBN, Gonfishn, and BrianFD. :D <br /><br />But the very best thing I found was my wife!<br /><br />TTFN

dolluper

Captain

A 1936 dot Canadian penny in a car I was scrapping for a customer

fireman57

Captain

A twenty dollar bill in my wife's purse.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm. Several.<br /><br />Found a tea set among stuff my Mom was going to give to Goodwill out of her attic. On close examination I found my great, great, great grandfather's name scratched on the bottom of each piece with the date, Oct 23, 1775. That was his wedding day. My youngest daughter now has it displayed on her mantle.<br /><br />Found a wedding band on the bottom while snorkeling through the pass at Kewalo Yacht Basin in Honolulu.<br /><br />Found a $100 bill on the ground in the Holiday Inn parking lot in Ft. Lauderdale.<br /><br />Found a lost and terrified child in the woods near my catfish pond on The Hideout. She had been trespassing with her brother, fishing there, and ran into the woods when they heard me coming and got disoriented. She (Tristin) and the brother, Travis, are now frequent and welcome visitors.<br /><br />Found an ancient flint tool near my catfish pond.<br /><br />Found a Zeiss Icon Super Iconta 6X9cm folding camera at a garage sale for $.50. Later sold it to a photographer for $500.<br /><br />Found a German angel in the USO in Honolulu. Was married to her for 30 years.<br /><br />Found iboats while looking for some advice about repowering my Boston Whaler.<br /><br />Which was best? They were all best. :)

mvaughn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Most recent, a brand new 20'long 3/8'' log chain, still had the price stickers on the hooks!<br /><br />Best was a rotwieller pup many years ago.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

That reminds me, on Ebay I bought some computer memory that the guy said were good, but when I tried them out, no good. No response from seller.<br /><br />I also lost a 100 dollar bill at a hotel, and a wedding band in the bay. Also a crowbar fell off my truck.<br /><br />Anybody seen these items???<br /><br />P.S. You can keep the John Denver tape.<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Ken

tommays

Admiral

i find good tools al the time<br /><br />REAL record vise from England
REC5vsb.jpg
<br /><br />
JS1600_lg.jpg
<br />16 Gauge Shear<br /><br /> * For Cutting up to 16 Ga Mild Steel and 18 Ga Stainless<br /><br />i really found this in the garbage along with a weller D650 in the garbage after a garage sale.<br /><br /><br />
ec3ebaf0d923eea7e91c6c8cab9e44e5.jpg
<br /><br /><br />some of the tools i buy used are almost like getting them free anyway<br /><br /><br />tommays

24tesla

Seaman

100.00 bill in Wal Mart parking lot. Way out where no one was parked. It too found a bag of pot in an old car the PO left behind. Problem was it was my brother who is a K-9 cop who found it for me. His dog spotted on my car. Good thing was it was my bro. Hard to explain that one away....