Whats the 3 functions of the yamaha dual multi function gauge?

letsbarbq

Petty Officer 1st Class
On one gauge it has 3 functions when you hit the mode button. mph, time, trip something? my question is the trip something? That is the 3rd function that I do not understand clearly. This gauge also has the gas level in the right side in a vertical stack column style. I was wondering if this might be the trip to empty ? is this yamaha's version of the flo-scan fuel computer or fuel flow managers? Anyone with any help would be appreciate. I also have the other gauge to go with this. Its a pair. this one has the rpm, oil level, temp alarm. I was wondering how it goes as well. I understand the rpm part. I see the oil levels and where it is indicating but I was wondering if it will flash red or yellow or green or anything if the oil is low or full or half way? thanks again.

shaggyyqq

Cadet
Re: Whats the 3 functions of the yamaha dual multi function gauge?

The trip is the distance travelled for this particular trip. To reset it to zero just press both buttons at the same time. It will then begin recording the distance travelled again. As for the indications on the tach, if the oil level is low or not reaching the engine they will flash and an audible alarm will sound. Hopefully this helps.

Forktail

Ensign
Re: Whats the 3 functions of the yamaha dual multi function gauge?

Sorry, no flow scan computer or trip to empty features. This is a seperate gauge.<br /><br />The RPM gauge shows trip time, actual time, battery level (in volts), and fuel level.<br />The trip time begins when you start out on your trip (key on) and can be reset by pushing the two buttons together. The actual time can be set to your time zone. The fuel level indicator is basically a standard fuel gauge showing empty to full.<br /><br />The RPM shows a trim/tilt level, oil level alert, temperature alert, total hours on motor and a hour counter that can be reset by pushing both buttons together.<br /><br />I love these gauges. :)