Whats needed to register boat in NC with a FL title?

xoibsurferx

Cadet
Re: Whats needed to register boat in NC with a FL title?

They registered the trailer for me. I found the old FL vessel and trailer registration in the boat this morning. It was attached to the fire extinguisher. The lady at the license plate office said that made the process much easier but it will be a few months before I receive an NC title because raleigh has to go through and check everything on the trailer and make sure it all checks out but I did get a plate and a registration card. Now time to register the boat!

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander

They registered the trailer for me. I found the old FL vessel and trailer registration in the boat this morning. It was attached to the fire extinguisher. The lady at the license plate office said that made the process much easier but it will be a few months before I receive an NC title because raleigh has to go through and check everything on the trailer and make sure it all checks out but I did get a plate and a registration card. Now time to register the boat!

The hard part is over. Registering the boat is a piece of cake since you already have the old title.

xoibsurferx

Cadet

The hard part is over. Registering the boat is a piece of cake since you already have the old title.

I got the boat registered! Like you said it was a piece of cake compared to the trailer. Its nice to be 100% legal.

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together ... ;)

dan02gt

Chief Petty Officer

Raleigh it the hard part. Hopefully someone will OK everything and you will be good to go. I went through 10x the stuff you have done and got my tags six months ago. Only to find out after having the tags and registration for a few months that I still needed to do more paper work and jump through more hoops. Mainly with the bond. I really do hope everything goes through for you, but don't be surprised if you get a letter in the mail a few months from now tell you to do more stuff. Of course if it's home made that may really help out.