Whats Better? SeaRay or Regal?

csanna2

Cadet
I just thought I weould ask I always thought searays where the best but everyone at work says regals make a better boat!

tommays

Admiral
Re: Whats Better? SeaRay or Regal?

well Riva is really the best and thats that :) <br /><br /><br />
rose33.jpg
<br /> <br /><br /><br />tommays

hudman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

searay has a better reputation, but thats also the same company that builds bayliner

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...

Cobalt and Tiara are the only ones I have felt comfortable letting a customer see when they first come off of the factory trailer.

Rock Hall

Petty Officer 1st Class

I own a Searay. Love it. But I'm looking at some Regals and wouldnt hesitate to buy one.

Stinger2

Cadet

Here is my personal rank when it comes to quality<br /><br />1. Cobalt<br />2. Sea Ray<br />3. Chris Craft <br />4. Regal<br />5. Chapparal<br />6. Rinker<br />7. Mariah<br />8. Wellcraft<br />9. Baja<br />10. Glastron<br />....<br />100. Bayliner!!

Kevin70

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey.....I resent that

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by hudman:<br /> searay has a better reputation, but thats also the same company that builds bilgeliner
Ayuh,............<br /><br />But,.... I Think Greg rated Both of them Tooooo High on the List............ :D

Stinger2

Cadet

look at what hudman said above...I'm not alone here

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

None of the above mentioned scows is an inboard or I/O Engine.<br /><br />Moving to Boats.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

Dunno about the big cruisers. But Sea Ray deckboats and Select bowriders are more plush than Regal. Some insiders say the Regals have better construction. Sea Ray may have an edge in customer service, of course that is mostly up to your local dealer. Regal deckboats and bowriders are typically priced well under Sea Ray. More at the Four Winns price level. Which I would attribute to the difference in the plush factor. And the smaller market position.<br /><br />Kelly Cook

bigbad 4cyl x2

Petty Officer 1st Class

searay sundeck is the best boat on the planet.

studlymandingo

Commander

Any boat is only as good as the care that has been given to it by the previous owners. Even a Sea Ray that has been neglected for 10 years will be worse than a Bayliner that has been meticiously cared for and garage-kept.<br /><br />Tommays- where was that photo taken?? Venice?

tommays

Admiral

I dont no were it is but as a yound man working at Oyster Bay Yatch Service we made a SPECIAL dock up for a Chris Craft 60 that had a RIVA with twin 454 as the tender :) that was some boat<br /><br />tommays

Regal LE

Cadet

Depends on what length your looking at ........After 16 years with SeaRays I went Regal ...... Fastrac hull had alot to do with it , but I just found the quality in the smaller versions way better in the Regal .price was not the issue FWIW

swist

Senior Chief Petty Officer

They are both stamped out mediocre quality production boats. Which is better is probably more a matter of whether yours was built on Monday/Friday or not.

tommays

Admiral

What you can see is pretty close to perfect looking on both boats<br /><br />What you cant get to with ripping apart thm apart is were the difference is and who can really say unless they were there for the build of that hull<br /><br />Haveing been luckey enough to own one hand built low production boat(J-24 sailboat )<br /><br />I can say that my power boat is Ok BUT NONE of these boats are even remotly as well built as a low production hull<br /><br />(there is no place to hide shortcuts in a J-24 hull)<br /><br /><br />tommays

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

So I read all the threads. I also have a working knowledge of Sea Ray. If I were interested in that size boat would own one in a heartbeat. They don't have to take a backseat to anyone......bar none.<br /><br />Mark

Manipulator

Senior Chief Petty Officer

J.D. Power Ratings - Small Runabouts (16-19 ft.) <br />Boat Builder Overall Rating Quality & Reliability Value for Money Exterior Ride & Handling Features <br />Crownline <br />Chaparral <br />Four Winns <br />Sea Ray <br />Glastron <br />Bayliner

blouderback

Petty Officer 1st Class

What's "better": <br /><br />Ford or Chevy?<br />Magnavox or Sanyo?<br />Mobil or BP?<br />Butter or Margerine?<br />Walmart or Kmart?<br />PC or Mac?<br /><br />Each is "better" at one thing than another. You have to look at all aspects of two different brands - performance, reliability, looks, resale value, durability, convenience features, price, etc. and then determine what things are important to you. At that point, you can then deterimne what's "better".<br /><br />So, anyway, I think Regal is better... :)