What's a guy to do . . .? (a wee' long)

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What's a guy to do . . .? (a wee' long)

Congrats! Glad the surgery went well. Don't rush the recovery. You've dealt with it for this long, a few months of easy-does-it won't kill ya. You can help me flip my hull in no time ;)

capt_neo

Seaman Apprentice
Re: What's a guy to do . . .? (a wee' long)

Well, it's been three days since the surgery and I have lost the considerable leg pain I had but I am still dealing with the post op pain and some other related issues, which I am told is normal. (Time will tell)

(Coming off the durigesic patch; Fentanyl 50 ?g/h (Fentanyl is sometimes given intrathecally as part of spinal anesthesia or epidurally for epidural anesthesia and analgesia. Because of fentanyl's high lipid solubility, its effects are more localised than morphine and some clinicians prefer to use the morphine to get a wider spread of analgesia.

Adverse events
Fentanyl's major side effects (more than 10% of patients) include diarrhea, nausea, constipation, dry mouth, somnolence, confusion, asthenia (weakness), and sweating and, less frequently (3 to 10% of patients), abdominal pain, headache, fatigue, anorexia and weight loss, dizziness, nervousness, hallucinations, anxiety, depression, flu-like symptoms, dyspepsia (indigestion), dyspnea (shortness of breath), hypoventilation, apnea, and urinary retention. Fentanyl use has also been associated with aphasia.[12] Fentanyl patch has been associated with altered mental state leading to aggression in an anecdotal case report. ? source Wikipedia

So I ?think? I experienced the benefits of the patch and I can definitely attest to experiencing the many side effects (oh man, have I). (BTW, I am now on Lyrica (nerve), Baclofen (muscle), and the one that makes me the most nervous ? hydrocodone for the pain.)

However, the purpose of this post is not to complain or whine. Actually, I want to share some good news regarding the reason I even belong to this forum. On the day of my surgery, my new vessel finally reached the water. I?d like to share some photos I received from my dealer (who has been terrific to work with. Are we allowed ?plugs? here? If so, I will do so in another post).

And now, here is our pride and joy, the soon to be christened "JUST KNOT NOW" -
hoisting for a ride via trailer

Picture002.jpg

all looks good to go

Picture005.jpg

finally in the water

340Bayliner007.jpg

looks like a good day for a brief ride

Picture010.jpg

the slip's been waiting for you

Picture012.jpg

looking good

340Bayliner019.jpg

As many of you have suggested, and I plan on taking the advice, I am in no rush to get out on the water (moving). In the mean time, I am hoping to do some rehabilitation "port side" just as soon as I can. (As a friend suggested, you can lay on a bed at home or you can lay on your bed in your new boat...)

Thanks everyone.