FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Ive read that you can get year model info from the serial number.
I cant seem to find it.
When i bought it the seller stated that it was a 2000.
I ordered a solenoid for a 2000 but it was not the same.
Anyone who can help me translate the serial number?
0F880027 seems to come up as an 1996 3.0LX [ALPHA] Model number 430L100JS.
To find parts always use the serail number of anyone of those three depending on what you're looking for as the year doesn't mean as much such as your example.
No that one wont fit. It has two wings where you attach bolts. Mine has two holes on The back. The one ive ordered had three holes. I might have an aftermarket starter, IF I cant find any i have to order a complete starter.
What solenoid you after. I’ve no clue or means to look up numbers like others can in here..but she looks to be the same as every other 3.0 ever made from around the early to mid 90’s or just after perhaps. Is it a starter or maybe trim solenoid your after ?
What solenoid you after. I’ve no clue or means to look up numbers like others can in here..but she looks to be the same as every other 3.0 ever made from around the early to mid 90’s or just after perhaps. Is it a starter or maybe trim solenoid your after ?
I had an aftermarket starter, the oem solenoid didnt fit. Oem solenoid has 3 screw holes in a triangel. Mine had two diagonal holes (not the older one with ears) . Ive ordered a complete new starter.