FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a Sterncraft tri-hull boat that I recently purchased and need to know what year it is. The Ser. No. is 17055503. Can someone please tell me the year?
[color=lt blue]Your serial # does not look corrcet. It should look like one of these pictured below. You would find this # on the upper starboard outside portion of the transom. If, it was built on or after Nov 1 1972.
If it was built after Aug 1 1984 it should look like the first pic. The second two pics are pre 1984 formats.
[color=lt blue]Your serial # does not look corrcet. It should look like one of these pictured below. You would find this # on the upper starboard outside portion of the transom. If, it was built on or after Nov 1 1972.
If it was built after Aug 1 1984 it should look like the first pic. The second two pics are pre 1984 formats.
Thanks for the info commander. I'll have to look closer to find it. The only number I could find was underneath the steering wheel on a tag. I contacted the Dept. of wildlife & fisheries about it. They said it was last registered as a 1970 but could be older bacause their records didn't go back that far. But I will look again.
If your boat was built before 1972 It probably does not have a number resembleing any of the pics above. That being said, I would not have a clue about how to determine what year it was manufactured.