What year carver is this, and is it a good deal?

mysticalice

Recruit
Hi,

I may have the opportunity to purchase a Carver boat. I don't know much about it, but it looks like a nice boat for the lake.

Was wondering if someone could tell me more about the model and year, and around how much you think it would be worth.

I know it needs some work, but need to know (based on the condition you can tell it's in from the pictures), how much it would be worth now, and how much I would need to put into it to get it to good condition.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG1003.jpg
    IMAG1003.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG1004.jpg
    IMAG1004.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 0
Re: What year carver is this, and is it a good deal?

I believe the best idea would be to hire a reputable boat mechanic or refinisher and pay them to have a look. I don't think you can do too much homework. A buddy of mine found a "good deal" a while back thinking like you...fix it up and go. From the outside the vessel is awesome and set up for some serious marlin fishing, but the end result was it needed more money than it was worth. He now uses the boat for overflow guests at his place in the FLA Keys...it sits at the dock. My boat mechanic has a million stories of the dreamer that found the "perfect" boat that only needed a little work. Just be careful and do your homework.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Based on two pics and it's a Carver, it's worth $ and will take $ get it into good condition.

More info please so we can fill in the blanks! And welcome.

Jobless Recovery

Petty Officer 3rd Class

if you can find the ID # you will find that the last two numbers are the model year. That should help you get started. Then with the model year you can go to the carver website and search their model archives for specs on your boat. Hope this helps!!