FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just purchased a 84 Starcraft MR 170 and it has a 75 HP Force by Mercury Marine. Where do I find the year, model # and etc... ? Any known issues with this particular motor?
On the starboard side of the transom mounting bracket there should be a manufacturers id tag.
THe motor was produced from 1996 - 1999.
Decent motor. I liked the '99, it used a bigger lower unit that used a larger diameter prop.