What would you take?

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer
This might have been done before on here, but I was looking at the postings about the best movies from the 60's and it reminded me of this.<br /><br />If you were stranded on a desert island for a year, and could only take:<br /><br />1 Book (other than the bible. You could take it too)<br />1 video tape to watch<br />1 album / CD to listen to<br /><br />What would they be?

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: What would you take?

Book- How to survive on a desert island for a year.<br /><br />Video- How to build a life raft out of palm trees and drift wood. Second edition.<br /><br />Album- Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Book: The biggest book I could find, lots of <br /> pages. Leaves cause rashes. (see movie <br /> wagons east, guys asked for a "big da*# <br /> book".)<br /><br />Video: Gilligans Island so I could see how the <br /> professor made all that stuff.<br /><br />CD: don't know right off.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Book: Grapes, by Don Cherry<br />Video: Shawshank Redemption<br />Album: Brian Wilson, Pet Sounds Live

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Video? Giligan's Island, obviously..<br /><br />Book-How to make a radio from coconuts and palm fronds.<br /><br />Album-Unabridged book-on-tape: The Nice Girl and the Movie Star: How to Get them both.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sure, dude. Your going to have a video and CD player on this deserted island?<br /><br />Take a phone book so you can call your pals to come get you.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Right..Was gonna ay the same thing, JB.<br />I would bring a "US Rangers' Survival Handbook", field version.<br />As for the tape and CD, don't matter w/o the players and juice.

brother chris

Commander

Book...the Bible.<br /><br />video.....lord of the rings trilogy.(because the TV will be a 75" flatscreen with 7.1 surround sound, right?!)<br /><br />album.....Elvis' greatest hits

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Sure, dude. Your going to have a video and CD player on this deserted island?<br /><br />Take a phone book so you can call your pals to come get you.
Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> Right..Was gonna ay the same thing, JB.<br />I would bring a "US Rangers' Survival Handbook", field version.<br />As for the tape and CD, don't matter w/o the players and juice.
I'll probably get poofed here, but the purpose was to suspend disbelief long enough to think of your choice if you only had 1 book, 1 movie, and 1 album to listen to for a year. HYPOTHETICAL question. I'll try to cover scenarios so that the purpose will be clear next time.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Kidd,<br />Looks like a good way to make admiral. Just pshaw everyone.<br /><br />As for me, I'll take:<br />Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy - chock full of details<br />The Longest Day - my all time favorite war flick because of the all-star cast<br />The Beatles White Album - no explanation necessary in my opinion

JB

Ah, now that you put it that way, Capt. . .<br /><br />"International Dictionary of Thought"<br /><br />"The Edge", Sir Anthony Hopkins<br /><br />"The Best of John Philip Sousa" U.S. Marine Band.<br /><br />There. Feel better? :)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Book.. Confederacy of Dunces.. <br />Video.. Open Range..<br />Album.. Eric Clapton, 24 Nights..

SpinnerBait_Nut

Book... iboats poofs, now that would be good.<br />Video... escape from the rock<br />Album... Shania Twain, "Come on over"

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Capt. Kidd:<br /> I'll probably get poofed here, but the purpose was to suspend disbelief long enough to think of your choice if you only had 1 book, 1 movie, and 1 album to listen to for a year. HYPOTHETICAL question. I'll try to cover scenarios so that the purpose will be clear next time.
Sorry, but that's as close to belief-suspendin that I get. Just think of me as Lewis Black with a 52oz coffee.<br /> :D

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by JB:<br /> . . .<br />"International Dictionary of Thought"<br /><br />"The Edge", Sir Anthony Hopkins<br /><br />"The Best of John Philip Sousa" U.S. Marine Band.<br /><br />....
You know, that explains alot.

NathanY

Commander

Well if anyone is gonna get poofed :D <br /><br />Book-Penthouse<br />Video- Anything with Jenna Jameson<br />CD- Anything Black Sabbath

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Book: the complete "Golden Bough"<br />video:The complete Lord of the rings<br />music:In the wake of Poseidon (King Crimson)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Book: How to build a raft with no tools or equipment and navigate the oceans<br />Video: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas<br />CD: Van Halen 1984

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

Book: How to build a fish trap<br />Video: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory<br />CD: Metallica Black Album

Link

Rear Admiral

Spinner <br />
Book... iboats poofs, now that would be good
LOL You nailed it. With only a year you wouldn't have time to use the other two :D :D <br /><br /> :eek: can't believe I just said that! ;)