what would it cost

stubbsboogie

Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys. I have a theoretical question. Theoretical because I have done no research on it. The Sea nymph in my signature is really just sitting. It runs well and I drive.it around to keep it up, but it really doesn't get used. It stays in the water at our river place, I like to have a boat there for puttering around without putting the big boat in. So I was thinking about a way to get more use out of it ...and came up with the idea of pulling the 25 off of it and putting it on a pontoon hull. That way we could take the whole fam out.
Are there many just pontoom hulls out there and what do they cost. Like I said I have not looked into this. I know would have to be a small hull but it is only for.put putting.
Thanks guys

robert graham

Admiral
Re: what would it cost

You should be able to find a good used pontoon boat somewhere around and drop your 25 on it for a great family/fishing/fun boat. Maybe check Newspapers, Craigs List, Marinas, Boat Dealers, etc. A 25HP will push an 18' or 20' pontoon O.K. Pontoon are usually lots cheaper than regular boats, maybe find somebody with one sitting in their back yard and don't use it any more, make him an offer! Good Luck!

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

with a relatively small engine on a pontoon you can turn your children loose on it, too, and know they are safer than in a smaller boat or a more powerful boat.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

You might look for a pontoon with a bad engine. The owner might be tempted to unload the thing for a song. Remember -- one man's junk is another man's treasure. Besides, you could part out the bad engine and sell the parts on E-bay or Craigs List.

southkogs

Staff member

Don't be afraid of the older 'toons that are really bare. We used to have a early 70's one with just rails, steering wheel, deck and the cans. We really enjoyed it - couple of coolers, folding chairs and "sit where you wanna'" It was a great boat. I still see them around, too.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Don't be afraid of the older 'toons that are really bare. We used to have a early 70's one with just rails, steering wheel, deck and the cans. We really enjoyed it - couple of coolers, folding chairs and "sit where you wanna'" It was a great boat. I still see them around, too.

Heck yeah. My favorite 'toon ever was an old family friend at the shore who have big old one. The furniture (probably rotted out) was replaced with 2 large boxed with padded lids and 4 or 5 deck chairs. The only thing permanently mounted was the steering console and the driver's pedestal seat. Easy to hose off and keep clean and reconfigure based on the day's activities.