What type of water floats your boat

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: What type of water floats your boat

Fresh water here......if ya call the muddy waters of the Mississippi river fresh water.

eeboater

Commander

How about none of the above? :D <br /><br />Sean

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Definitely only salt water.....Pacific Ocean, San Francisco Bay and the Sea of Cortez. :D <br /><br />If either of my boats are ever in fresh water, it will be because of a huge flood! :eek: <br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Fresh water only, but one of these days i'd like to try saltwater fishing.

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class

Saltwater mostly here. Every now and again I will go to one of the fresh water lakes to flush it out and let the kids and the dogs swim. <br />I always try to make my last trip of the year be at a fresh water lake also.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I co-own a 19' Chris craft,located in MA..This one goes in the summer salt for stripers blues and cod.My own 17'Duratech(1964)is for the fingerlakes and Lake Ontario.<br />The brine is the most exiting,while fresh is most relaxing.

geofthro

Seaman

Im about the same as mikecjn! But however i have done alot of trout fishing in the lakes in nz before i came to the states to! Different! but good times!

Marc J.

Petty Officer 1st Class

Freshwater for me. I'm less than 1/4 mile from a nice ramp on Lake Hartwell. With in a hour drive to lakes Russell, Thurmond, and Jocassee to mention the largest ones. I've been told that only the Great Lakes region has more fresh water than the GA/SC border (a.k.a. Savannah River chain).

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Fresh water only as it's about 1200 miles or more to any salty stuff. Thats probably about 30 k km to you Kiwi! :D (actually I have no idea how many klicks that is!! :D )

Link

Rear Admiral

50/50 for us.. 8 lakes within miutes of the house and the same for the Puget Sound.

Twidget

Commander

Fresh only. I have a camper lot on Lake Granbury, so most of my boating is there.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Small freshwater only for me. I prefer ponds over lakes any day.

11 footer

Lieutenant

We launch on a freashwater river, motor 50yards to the locks and spend the day in salt water, then blast threw the freashwater river to flush out the motor before hauling out, so thats the only time I see freashwater.<br /><br />Lake boating just isn't dosn't feel the same to me as being in the ocean. I like the salt smell, air the just the feel of saltwater. Lake boating around here isn't for me. I'm not into watersports, and get board because there is no where to go on lakes, and I never catch any fish worth measuring on lakes, so I'll stick to the ocean.<br /><br />I would like to take a road trip to the great lakes someday, they sound like a lot of fun, but other then that I'm a big water boater! ;)