What to eat/drink on the water?

11 footer

Lieutenant
Re: What to eat/drink on the water?

Man I never have time to eat till the day is done.<br />I just never got into it. When I go fishing, I fish, not eat.<br />
C'mom Spinner. We've all seen the "member picts" do you really think we are gonna bleave that!!?? :p :p :D :D <br /><br />Just kidding :cool:

18rabbit

Captain

On the water…or in the water?!? Jump in and eat!!! The ocean is full of stuff that tastes better fresh (i.e. raw) and you don’t need salt, either. :) No prepping, no cooking, no dishes, no clean up…just be careful you don’t become lunch, yourself. :D

FSHKPR

Ensign

well it depends what i am going out for. if its me and my dad for fishing about all we got along is a couple jugs of ice water and big bag of sunflower seeds. if its my wife and a few friends and we are on the pontoon, we usually have a bunch of hor d'oeuvres, liver patte, different cheeses & spreads, different crackers, maybe some shrimp cocktails, as far as drinks anything goes, usually lots of beer but the ladies like the blender drinks so i bought an inverter and usually bring a blender and what ever they feel like drinking that day. usually uv vodka and lemonade or margaritas, but kijafa wine blended to a slush are a favorite too. since i am driving i am usually limited to one or margaritas. but like SBN if i am fishing no time to eat. just sunflower seeds and water. but as my member pic also reveals, look out when i get back to shore!! :D

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

On the docks last summer, I saw an interesting conversion. Somebody had made a gas powered blender! They took a weedeater motor and part of its shaft and built a tripod for it (motor upside down), and mated the blender assembly to it.<br />Very cool. No inverter required! :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Eating and drinking while fishing!!!!!????? Thats' unheard of!!!! How can ya' do that when yer' pullin' in all those fish????? Sure.....right.<br /><br />Cooler is stocked with fuel cells. Few snacks. Ya' gotta break sometimes.....catchin' fish makes yer arm tired.

mattttt25

Commander

coffee if i head out at 0600. in any event, beer starts at 0800. nothing else needed. when it's time to eat, i head to a restaurant on the water.

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

The most important "item" :confused: I always take.. Is Mrs Uni-corn... <br /><br />Benefits..<br />Also has boat licence.. Prepares food.. catches more fish than me..helps with launch-retreive..<br />And is more organised :( :( <br /><br />Plus other benefits that I cannot go into on this forum.. :D :D

FSHKPR

Ensign

I have seen those gas powered blenders at packer tailgate parties. they are the cat's --- cabella's sells them for 299 thats a little steep when the inverter only cost 40. there are other variations out there too. tried a 12 volt blender but it just did not have the power to crush ice. before i bought the inverter i was using a a hand crank ice shaver. hooked up my 18 volt drill and that worked pretty good. still nothing like a blender tho. i have an old weedeater motor sounds like a fun project. would be a conversation piece for sure.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Big bag-o-pretzels and plenty of diet coke.. Maybe a ham or turkey sandwich or two if it's gonna be a long day..<br /><br />Gonna make a big ol jar of sun tea out there one day... :)

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I was on this head boat last week and the New Englanders were having beer at 07.15. The inlanders had doughnuts and coffee.At 09.00 the New Englanders were having more beer and the inlanders were feeding doughnuts and coffee, that had only been eaten once, to the gulls. At 12.00 the New Englanders were ,you guessed it,drinking some more beer. The inlanders were several shades of green.<br />At 4 in the afternoon a truly puzzled New Englander asked my friend why he had come all the way from Rochester,NY to puke. Afterall, he could have done that from his deck in the backyard of his very own house in Rochester.<br />ps.I joined the New Englanders at 07.15 with the beer,I figured they might be on to something.I felt great all day.

11 footer

Lieutenant

You got that right, rolmops.<br /><br />Us new englanders know how to take care of ourselfs, its all about a good balanced diet ;) , <br /><br />They even say that drinking beer reduces your chances of getting cancer.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

They also say drinking beer increases your chances of getting drunk. If you want the healthy attributes of beer try odoules or miller sharps. I have had a few run ins with people boating and drinking and a couple of them have come real close to getting me or themselves killed.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Ham, Turkey, Cheese, and Italian bread. It isn't a sandwich without that clean zippy taste of Miracle Whip. Dry Roasted Peanuts and Pringles. Low grease and no mess.<br /><br />Beer soda Juice water. (Whiskey and vodka for "dockside chats") Hey who let that single malt scotch in here??? :p

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Ya' know.....I do like a cool one (beer) in the boat....just part of the vacation. But me and my fishin' bud do have a rule we live by while fishing......<br /><br />"NO tops are popped before the first fish is brought into the boat or 12noon......plus or minus three hours"<br /><br />Been workin' for us now for a lot of years.

tylerin

Commander

Soft drinks or beer are okay for a while at the beginning of the trip, but after being in the sun for a while I need good old fashion water. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />
Ryant. You and my son turned 15yrs old this month. Count your blessings I'm not your daddy because you're to young to drink and you'd be spending a little time in the woodshed :(

ob

Admiral

I am always amazed at how good cold fried chicken tastes when I'm out in the boat.Easy to pack and don't have to hastle with making sandwiches or eating pre-made ones with soggy bread.Sodas and water for drinks.

18rabbit

Captain

Fwiw, I don’t touch alcohol when on or in the water.<br /><br />
Eating and drinking while fishing!!!!!????? Thats' unheard of!!!! How can ya' do that when yer' pullin' in all those fish?????
OBJ – when you “shoot” your fish, you have the opportunity to “dine” while hunting. Everything edible from the ocean is also edible in the ocean…and tastes better, too. :) One of my favorites: fresh scallops. The sheepsheads will come in and try to take the leftover parts out of your mouth! Harbor seals hang out just above and behind divers with a speargun. They know the diver can’t see them…and they wait. When you shoot a fish the seal darts out and eats it! Usually there is enough left over that you can get a few bites out of it, too. ;)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I spent the last six months of my Air Force tour at Tyndall AFB in Florida. This is just outside Panama City. One of our favorite pastimes there was going to the bay at low tide and diving for Scallops. Four of us would go and didn't take long to get a bunch. Take them back to the trailer park, I lived off base, and spend the rest of the day pigging out on Scallops and what ever else we could put out on the table. Raw was a tasted ya' had to develope. Not bad....not bad!