What to eat/drink on the water?

11 footer

Lieutenant
Time for a fun thread ;) <br /><br />What do you eat and drink while fishing/boating?

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: What to eat/drink on the water?

Cant catch fish if you dont have pretzel rods.

11 footer

Lieutenant

To answer my own question,<br />I nice turkey sandwich or cold egg salad sandwich always tastes good. Soft drinks or beer are okay for a while at the beginning of the trip, but after being in the sun for a while I need good old fashion water.

LadyFish

Admiral

OMG Ryan no eggs of any kind on the boat its bad luck.
158.gif
No bananas either. <br /><br />I don't care how good they taste. :p

11 footer

Lieutenant

LOL, Ladyfish.<br /><br />I never heard that before :rolleyes: maybe thats why I have so many probems on the water :D :p

LadyFish

Admiral

Ryan in your case maybe thats why they call it fishin and not catchin.
lol.gif

11 footer

Lieutenant

YAbut,<br /><br />I caught a fish. . . . . . once :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Homemade venison jerky and lots of gatorade.<br /><br />Back at the camp, fresh walleye filets fried in butter, sweet corn, broccoli with hollandaise and a bottle of Heineken, followed by a dram of good single malt distilled spirits. Oh, yum! :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

My lunch cooler often includes Loaf of bread, jar of mayo, sliced cheese, and some thin sliced meat flavor of the week. Make them as you need them, to drink is water, gatorade and a couple sodas. For chips I like sun chips and snacks often inlude Jerky.<br /><br />When You say good old fashioned water ryan would that be Evian as opposed to some of the newer brands. :D J/K My water is usually tap or gallon jug. ;)

ZmOz

Captain

Turkey sammiches and mt. dew. Lots of it. Back at camp, vodka. Lots of it. :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Sandwiches are the norm,but one of the best things are left over ribs; Finger-licking good on the water. Always a bag of chips and a variety of sodas. But the most important is a big jug of ice cold water. A must! and then some kind of sweet food for the ride home. <br />Bassy

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

All this talk about eating while out "fishing".<br /><br />Man I never have time to eat till the day is done.<br />I just never got into it. When I go fishing, I fish, not eat.<br /><br />Ask gonfishn or Bubbakat, they will tell ya.

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

Egg and lettuce sandwiches.. maybe a couple of fruit buns and plenty of non-alcoholic drink like cordial, water etc. You tend to get very dehydrated out on the salt water.

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If it is hot I take some water and nothing more. Even if I'm going to be out most of the day. Sometime, but not very often cause I don't like to fish with live bait, I take worms, minnows, or shiners but they aren't for me to eat. If I wanted to eat I'd go to the restaurant. I go to fish and don't have time for food.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Ryan get yourself a boat with a galley, then you can fix anything you want. :D <br /><br />Wife and I live aboard on the weekends. We take along anything that we fix at home. When the water is calm, the grill gets turned on, and when it is rough, then it is cold cuts.<br /><br />As for drinks, non-alcholic outside the cabin and the alcholic beverages are for inside the cabin. But that is because the law reads that way.<br /><br />My main preference is to clean the fish just caught and throw em on the grill. You just can't get any fresher fish than that. :p <br /><br />We try to limit snacks that crumble easy, chips, and some pastry stay at home. Makes a mess of the carpet and deck. But then that is the dogs job to keep the floor free from food morsels. :D

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I like to take lunchmeat and roll Kraft sandwich cheese in the middle. Stick a toothpick in them and put them in a tupperware. The toothpick gives me a handle and they are small enough that I can eat one or two and not get too full.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

sardines or anything that can be used for bait<br />also ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

I always bring snacks and sandwiches. Water is a must, sodas and beer. Sandwiches are made with peppered Boarshead ham, turkey, baby swiss, mayo, mustard, dill pickle slices and thinly sliced onion. And have to have Kettle Fried chips.<br /><br />A couple of weeks ago we smoked some jalapeno sausage the night before and cut it up for the next day of fishing, it was a great snack.<br /><br />My motto is to always be prepared to get stranded or run into rough weather. Very severe storms can crop up here on the coast with little or no warning. Even if we go out for daytime fishing, we always check weather before we leave on NOAA site. <br /><br />We keep the VHF radio on even while running, bring foul weather gear, 2 cell phones, battery pack (best investment we ever made for the boat) and spotlight. We do this every time we got out. I would rather error on the side of caution when it comes to boating.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Basically I just bring along bottled water and some fruit!!!! ;) :cool: