What to do about the boss

Re: What to do about the boss

PJC, I don't whine but when you are taken advantage of for almost 5 years with hardly a thank you, you tend to get a little testy. I have always done whatever a boss has put in front for me to do. This time I am trying to stand up for myself. So I decided to do what I think is best for me.<br /><br />Within the last year and half, they hired 2 new lab techs. These 2 have never had the opportunity to know what hours that I put in to gain the respect and position of Senior Lab Tech. As a matter of fact 1 of the girls was going to be laid off because of lack of business. To prevent her from being forever gone, I gave her some of my hours. During the past, I was always included in the monthly ON Call schedule. Other techs would ask for my call as they needed the money more than me. So I ended up practically giving up all my call time so the others would have more in their paycheck.<br /><br />These 2 new techs only saw that the senior lab tech was not taking call. So they are the ones that whined about me not taking call. These 2 also complained about my school and making the supervisor not to accomodate my school schedule. Now that I'm being forced to take twice the average call schedule, these 2 are complaining and whining about not having much of a paycheck. Go figure....<br /><br />I'm sorry, but when those that have very little seniority call the shots, its time for the old faithfulls to find greener pastures.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What to do about the boss

Thanks for the clarification Ms M. :) And it's great you helped your coworkers. That alone is a sign of character. I do believe that your patience will be rewarded.