What time is it?

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: What time is it?

Bear, that is a good site. It finally lets me keep all my clocks the same.

Beaux

Petty Officer 1st Class

yep, cool site. I bought one of those atomic clocks at a sporting goods store that recieves the radio signal from the Gov. <br /> :cool:

FLATHEAD

Commander

Cool site. This may seem dumb but do any of you guys live right on the time zone line. Live in one zone,, work in another. Depending on where you go the time is screwed up. How do you deal with it? It must be a pain in the arse.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

The time right now is .....<br /><br />For Military Personnel....2240hrs<br /><br />For Civilians.............10:40pm<br /><br />For Boat Mechanics........Mickeys small hand is between the 10 and 11 and his big hand is pointing at the 8.<br /><br />OBJim :D :D :D

Beaux

Petty Officer 1st Class

No SLeep-<br />Here is a link to one at Brookstone. THis one is a little pricey. I bought one for $19.99 at a sporting goods store down here. Check it out. It makes your home clock exactly like the most accurate clock in creation as it syncronizes with the atomic clock automatically by recieving a radio signal. Cool gadget and not nearly as expensive as a rolex!! :D :D :D <br /> Atomic clock

jhreed

Seaman

Good morning Gang, I don't want to burst any bubbles about the "atomic" clocks that receive the time station at Colorado but... they usually only update the clock at specific times like twice-a-day and the accuracy then is barely within plus or minus 1/10th of a second. Where these clocks "shine" is that at the end of five years or so they are as accurate as they were at the beginning of their life, +/- 1/10th of a second. If one buys a Good GPS time-frequency standard such as the Z3801A Hewlett Packard, one can stay within one part per billion over the same time period. Most of the time, this receiver will be within one part per trillion....<br /><br />Now that's precision....

blifsey

Senior Chief Petty Officer

At previous job, I was responsible for server that set the time on 40+ timeclocks. Well, the women in one department all listened to the country music radio channel while those in another department listened to a lite rock channel. The two radio stations had different times and there was always bickering about the timeclocks being wrong. I found the official Naval clock on the internet and began using that time and told them if they wanted to complain to call the DoD.

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nah, 1/10th of a second is more than adequate for me! We normally just pop a head out the window and look at the position of the sun.<br /> :)

Bear

Lieutenant Commander

My idea with the link was more for us outside US. So we know where you are, in bed, at work or if it is evening. Some times there is less traffic some times more. <br /><br />"It is night in the dark region". :cool: <br /><br />Ok guys, let's synchronize our clock's. :D