what the **** was that

gasguzzler

Seaman Apprentice
this one is fun as well, get your hands on some old fire extinguwishers, dry powder or CO.2 is good.You can generally get them off the walls at the storage facility where you park your boat, anyway,on the lake or river,as you are blowing by other people on the shore or on a broke down boat, release the extingusher as your going 100 mph. it leaves a cool trail behind you and the people all say at the same time , what the **** was that..................

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: what the **** was that

Hey Guzzler........<br /><br />That sounds interesting. If you get a chance, try it on I-280 and let me know what kind of response you get. Hwy.17 might even be better, especially during commute time. :D <br /><br />I'm sure 17 would be closed down for several hours, due to "Haz-Mat" conditions. :eek: <br /><br />Then you have to consider how much $$$$ bail will be. :rolleyes: <br /><br />...Bob in Calif... (up 280 from you)

gasguzzler

Seaman Apprentice

bob in ca. years ago when i was a teen me and some friends did this when we took out dads boat out for a spin. many many years later,i still laugh, at how funny it was at that time. geez we laughed for days. and i still sit here and tell that story.its never left me....your right about todays world, to do such a thing today,,well it might as well be anthrax...back then man it was funny

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

Try shooting it at the guy water skiing behind your boat. :D

Bradster941

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sure am glad your on the other coast.<br /><br />Personally, when I come across a broken down fellow boater, I don’t “Blow by them”, throwing them my wake, I stop and offer assistance.<br /><br />As far as Stealing the Fire Extinguishers from the public storage places,<br /><br /> “You can generally get them off the walls at the storage facility where you park your boat,”, <br /> <br />I don’t do that either.<br /><br /> "back then man it was funny" <br /><br />Glad you think to this day it’s so funny. <br />Bet my bottom dollar no one else did! <br />And I'm very glad you live on the west coast away from me!.. :(

brother chris

Commander

That would be hilarious to try, although I agree with Bradster on this one. If you are going to do it, use your own extinguisher. Theives should be shot. <br />I might just try it when I am pulling a skiier or tuber. :D

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

I agree with Bradster and with Bob in Calif.<br />In my opinion disrespect for others like this, namely the storage facility owner and other users, other boaters, and the environment should get you other guys sunk on a deserted lake. I mean after all, if you had a fire in your storage area, how would you feel if the extinguishers had been stolen for someone's juvenile prank? Or if your boat was sinking and someone pulled this on you instead of stopping to resue you? And remember, whether or not you swim or just rip up and down the lake, you will get wet eventually. Wouldn't it be nice if the water wasn't polluted? This type of self-centered, juvenile disrespect disgusts me, and yes I'm up on my soapbox. There ARE others in this world who matter too, believe it or not.

gasguzzler

Seaman Apprentice

people,,,the focus should be on the stream of cloud behind the boat.Alot of you are keying in on the storage as a supply for extineshers,,,that part was a joke,,,,and i dont steal eather

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

gasguzzler,<br /><br />go see my other post to you on Helium......<br /><br />these "jokes" that you speak of can hurt/kill someone. Also, taking other peoples property (i.e. fire extinguishers) is THEFT...plain and simple...If it don't belong to you leave it alone!<br /><br />In CA, they may get away with it, here, you'll be shot. Don't go east young man.....stay where you are!

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

I have to say that there is nothing wrong with what he posted. This area is for stupid things. And what he and I did were stupid. More he than me but still stupid. And as far as polluting and as far as my fire extinguishers go I'm only putting soda ash (sodium bicarbinate)in the water. A lot less harmfull and actually probably more benificial to reducing the acid rain effects than lets say a 2stroke motor or you peeing in the water.<br /><br />Sorry about the rant. I don't have a soapbox I threw it in the fountain at the university. Man that was good times.<br /><br />yeah I have done a lot of stupid things in my times and I have paid for them. And this board was nice enough to make a place where I can tell people about them without anyone getting offended. Woops I guess I was wrong and STUPID about that one. I'm only HUMAN. But I have plenty of TRICKS still left up my sleeves. :D <br /><br /><br />
Originally posted by David L. Moore:<br /> I agree with Bradster and with Bob in Calif.<br />In my opinion disrespect for others like this, namely the storage facility owner and other users, other boaters, and the environment should get you other guys sunk on a deserted lake. I mean after all, if you had a fire in your storage area, how would you feel if the extinguishers had been stolen for someone's juvenile prank? Or if your boat was sinking and someone pulled this on you instead of stopping to resue you? And remember, whether or not you swim or just rip up and down the lake, you will get wet eventually. Wouldn't it be nice if the water wasn't polluted? This type of self-centered, juvenile disrespect disgusts me, and yes I'm up on my soapbox. There ARE others in this world who matter too, believe it or not.

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

It really is funny. And puts a suprise on the skiiers face. I'm still laughing about those times. And your right it should be your own fire extinguisher. But hey we have all done STUPID things when we were young. We are only HUMAN. TRIX are for kids. :D <br /><br />
Originally posted by brother chris:<br /> That would be hilarious to try, although I agree with Bradster on this one. If you are going to do it, use your own extinguisher. Theives should be shot. <br />I might just try it when I am pulling a skiier or tuber. :D

sangerwaker

Commander

We have actually used super soakers to play target paractice with the skier or tuber behind the boat. It's a lot of fun for all.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by sangerwaker:<br /> We have actually used super soakers to play target paractice with the skier or tuber behind the boat. It's a lot of fun for all.
Not to mention SAFE, ecologically responsible, and sounds like a ton of clean good fun.