FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Do you check it when the engine is at full operating temp or cold. Does comression normally go up when after the engine is warm or visa-versa?
Thanks,
Brett
you can check it cold, as your motor gets warmer, the rings do expand,that is why there is a gap in the ring, so they don't expand and get too tight in the cylinder.
So I checked the compression last night cold and got all 3 at 115 or so #'s. So is it safe to assume that the compression will be more so when at full running temp? Are those good #'s? This is on a '83 Force 85 by the way. Also I sorta goofed and didnt ground out the plug wires when I did it, do you think I damaged the coils at all?
Thanks all,
Brett