What supliments are people taking?

LubeDude

Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
6,945
Other than the normal multi vitamins and vitamin C, What other supliments are you taking and why???<br />Also, ailments that have been cured by herbal remedies!<br /><br />I take about 20, 000 units a day MSM for My Knee, and Barley Green Powder, Just makes us feel better!<br /><br />LubeDude
 

KennyKenCan

Commander
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
2,501
Re: What supliments are people taking?

Just air and water.<br /><br />The rest of that stuff just sends ya to an early grave.<br /><br />Seriously, I don't take any suppliments other than a Centrum Vitamin(sp).
 

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Nov 4, 2002
Messages
653
Re: What supliments are people taking?

My normal daily take is: Cod Liver Oil, Betta Carotene, Vitamin C, an asprin or two, Zinc, potassium and MEGA doses of Vitamin "P"................. :D (BEER) :D <br /><br /> ...Bob in Calif...
 

crab bait

Captain
Joined
Feb 5, 2002
Messages
3,831
Re: What supliments are people taking?

3 capsule a day omeaga 3 6 9 combo... way way way to much to say about these essential fatty acids...alot on-line about them.. <br /><br />an three months ago started takin' 3 every 12 hours of TONALIN ( c l a ).. <br /><br />long story....<br /><br />studies made to answer why people,,even after eatin' rite an with 'fat free' and 'LITE' products were/are still gettin' fat ... while people in the 1950's & 60's had no 'LITE' or fat free stuff..<br /><br />the concludtion was cattle being 'GRAZED' had 'cla'..where as modern cattle are not.. hence no cla...<br /><br />cla removes pounds an inches especially from around the middle... an burns fat from muscle ... givin' ( when workin' out)( i do alittle but with no wieghts) a more ripped muscle look<br /><br />it takes 5 to 6 grams a day for this to happen an 2 months to kick in... <br /><br />so far ,, so good.. <br /><br />one pants size an a tell tale ripped more look..
 

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
321
Re: What supliments are people taking?

That's all good. Nice balanced diet is what was intended.<br />All that other stuff just makes good fertilizer later on :D <br />And to think, all the money the fertilizer companies could make using readily available from the cemetaries, especially with all these cool things people's payin big bucks for. :)
 

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
1,881
Re: What supliments are people taking?

I'm with you on that Jimchere,also i was told that by eating much smaller meals but more frequently, it's better for one's digestive system.
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,965
Re: What supliments are people taking?

sugar<br />salt<br />fat<br />protein<br />caffeine<br />skittles<br /><br />Super sensitive to vitamin C.<br />It dries out my sinuses so bad that they bleed.<br />So that rules out the multi vitamins, and I'm not about to take them all individually.<br />Can't take any antihistamines either.
 

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
May 21, 2003
Messages
1,924
Re: What supliments are people taking?

too many things prolly<br /><br />used to take vit E, supposed to be no good, now I take salmon oll capsules<br /><br />used to take bee pollen for energy, ummmmm, had a phenominal other effect, lol, fortunately at the time I had four girlfriends, all very happy<br /><br />doc wasnt happy, boosted my bp to astromomical levels<br /><br />so, cancel the bee pollen :( <br /><br />and folic acid, for cholesterol<br /><br />alpha lipoic acid, chol, fat burn<br /><br />chrominum picolinate, diabetes control (all I use for diabetes, works GREAT, a1c at 5.1 (dat good!))<br /><br />mag/calcium/zinc cell and hair regeneration<br /><br />Co enzyme Q - 10, cell regeneration, heart mostly, also maintain nerve mylenation(think the sheath around a push pull steering system)(promotes axon propagation, ummm, keeps people sayin I have a lotta nerve, lol)<br /><br />garlic - wonder drug, cholesterol, antibiotic, antioxidant, with parsely oil<br /><br />glucosamine chondroitin, joint maintenence<br /><br />gugulipids cholesterol<br /><br />black cherry, gout<br /><br />(I could write til Christmas, lol, bunches of stuff)<br /><br />coral calcium<br /><br />I have to look into that CLA stuff, have heard of it, but havent tried it<br /><br />I figure at most I spend a buck a day on suppliments, about what the half a pack of smokes I do a day runs me (down to half a pack, AND bein good on the diet, but NOT TODAY, lol)<br /><br />some people do a lottery ticket a day, I shovel down a bucks worth of pills, ah well, cant hurt, might help, and better than doing nothing<br /><br /> :cool:
 

Homerr

Commander
Joined
Mar 4, 2002
Messages
2,295
Re: What supliments are people taking?

Sorry, but I'm a bit of a "young buck" by most of you guys here...<br /><br />Do the supplements really do anything for you?<br />Seems like the arguments go back and forth if they really work or not.<br /><br />Diet seems to be the most important. I'd think you could get all the nutrients you need if you eat right.<br /><br />H.
 

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
20,066
Re: What supliments are people taking?

buwahahahahaha<br /> oh man tylerin is killin me. I will laugh all day.<br /> me I just take a cool refrehing mixture of water, barly,hops and a little yeast. sometimes makes the pain in the joints ease up. but mostly its just 2stroke smoke and gasoline:) good luck and keep posting and Ty, keep up the treatments :)
 

LadyFish

Admiral
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
6,894
Re: What supliments are people taking?

Whatever do you mean Tylerin?
kos.gif
 

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
May 21, 2003
Messages
1,924
Re: What supliments are people taking?

I never touch that glaucoma repellent, I go for the nausea calmative myself!<br /><br />stuff makes me really thirsty tho :rolleyes: <br /><br />but then again, I also endorse that barley/hops concoction that<br /><br /> :D :D :D :D :D :D
 

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Aug 25, 2002
Messages
17,651
Re: What supliments are people taking?

Just some garlic and tabasco,<br />IN EVERYTHING
 
Top