What, still no air filters?

braindead0

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2003
Messages
169
I just got this 1989 25hp Evinrude.. and it doesn't appear to have any air filter... I remember old motors not having them (or just having very rudimentary screens)..<br /><br />Or, the previous owner removed the airfilter and never put it back on. I've got a manual on order, but I want to take it out this weekend!
 

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
45,907
Re: What, still no air filters?

Outboards almost never use air filters, BD.<br /><br />Baffling from the bonnet should keep all large debris out, and dust is not expected on the water.
 

braindead0

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2003
Messages
169
Re: What, still no air filters?

That's what I kinda figured, but I thought I'd check... this is the newest outboard I've ever owned.. and I know that if it's supposed to have one and doesn't, that'll make it run a tad lean..
 

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
1,970
Re: What, still no air filters?

Don't need to worry about bugs, chitin (bug shells) isn't hard enough to scratch the cylinders but it might make it smell like a bad barbeque if you get into a real swarm :eek:
 
Top